Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Featurecam release

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
shawn
1814 Views, 21 Replies

Featurecam release

I was wondering if someone from Featurecam could let me know what day the next release is scheduled out. We can't upgrade to Solidworks 2017 because we are waiting on Featurecam.  Customers are sending us Solidworks 2017 files and we cant open them.  It has been about 2.5 months since ANYTHING has been released.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Craig-B
in reply to: shawn

Hi @shawn,

We need some time to add this translator for these new files for Solidworks 2017.  In the mean time (as a work around) you can use Solidworks 2017 and export the file out as a Parasolid rather than the Solidworks file extension.  I'm not allowed to give you any version number when this functionality will be added into FeatureCAM, we're hoping this is added sooner than later.  Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Craig Burney

Applications Engineer
Message 3 of 22
bhorstTGM48

This was just released today, Autodesk FeatureCAM 2017 Service Pack 4. I has the Solidworks 2017 import added. 

Message 4 of 22
shawn
in reply to: bhorstTGM48

Yes I downloaded it and have tried installing it twice with no luck, trying a full uninstall/ reinstall right now.  Got an error saying I was missing mfc140u.dll

Message 5 of 22
shawn

Nope didn't work- going back to SP3

Message 6 of 22
bhorstTGM48

Let me know how it goes? I have not tried installing it yet.

Message 7 of 22
chris

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center

This fixed mine.

Message 8 of 22
bhorstTGM48
in reply to: chris

I installed it in my Windows 10 machine and it went perfectly. I noticed that it is 2017 R2 SP1.

Message 9 of 22
phil.jenningsM7ZMZ

i downloaded the Visual C++ Redistributable and it solved my issue as well.

Philip Jennings

Technical Support Team Leader

Message 10 of 22
shawn

This works!  Thanks

Message 11 of 22
jeff.brower

Hmmm, the update to SP4 was shown in our 'desktop app' for a few days but has since gone away. Anybody else have that happen?

Message 12 of 22
bhorstTGM48
in reply to: jeff.brower

Yes, it happened to me as well.

Message 13 of 22
Craig-B

Hi @jeff.brower and @bhorstTGM48,

The reason no longer see the update is because it was pulled after it was realized that the install was missing the .dll and customers were having to download and install the Visual C++ Redistribute... from Windows.  Once that's fixed I'm sure they will add the update back for everyone to download and update.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

Craig Burney

Applications Engineer
Message 14 of 22
bhorstTGM48

This showed up today.

Autodesk FeatureCAM 2017 Service Pack 5

Message 15 of 22
shawn

I got it downloaded and installed fine, but it wanted to restart the computer 2 times while it was still writing data.  Didn't give a warning on the restart.  Just the windows screen saying the installer was still running preventing windows from restarting.  I cancelled it both times and restarted after.  Installation did work though.

Message 16 of 22
jeff.brower

No restart required here, installed just fine, so far so good!

Message 17 of 22
bhorstTGM48

No problems with the install here. 

Message 18 of 22
dames99

I just installed SP5 and it did automatically reboot. It also says ( in about FeatureCAM) version  23.5.0.19 although the release notes say it should be 23.5.0.21

Just FYI

Message 19 of 22
shawn
in reply to: dames99

Mine shows 23.5.0.21

I was one of the few that got SP4 before they pulled it was 23.5.0.19

So apparently you have SP4-  Weird!

Message 20 of 22
dames99
in reply to: dames99

I installed SP4 also and went through the reinstallation of the C++ files to get it to work. Sp5 installed but did not change my version number. Strange!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report