Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature/curve

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
julior873G4
540 Views, 11 Replies

Feature/curve

Let just say you have a bunch of features (sides/pockets ect.) with a bunch of curves. It would be nice if you had to edit the curve in a single feature by selecting it and right click to show, instead of remembering the curve ## and going back to all the curves and looking for it and then clicking show. You should be able to show the curve right from the feature your trying to modify by simply right clicking and selecting show.. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: julior873G4

OR better yet- work directly off of the solid and not need a curve or geometry.

Message 3 of 12
julior873G4
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe I should of been more clear. I meant ounce you've program a part and lets say its complex with a lot of feature ect.. When you go back to edit a feature 1st you open up the feature and find the curve number then you have to go to the curves and search for the ##. Why couldn't you just right click the curve in the feature and say show. I hope that's a little better.. 

Message 4 of 12
acad-caveman
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

OR better yet- work directly off of the solid and not need a curve or geometry.

Actually Shawn, to me that is one of the beauties of FC.

FC doesn't really care if it's a curve or geometry, the toolpath will be based on it regardless.

If you want to draw otherwise unrelated geometry to the solid ( for manufacturing purposes ) so be it.

At the end of the day tho, the curves are usually derived from the solid, so in essence it is directly off the solid.

To the OP, yes, that would be a nice addition.

Though I usually leave the curves shown ( erase or turn off the original geometry ), in some busy models it pays to have them

turned off.

The way I work with complex ( busy ) models though is I create separate layers for each operation and it's related curves.

That way I can turn on or off only what's relevant.

Message 5 of 12
bhorstTGM48
in reply to: acad-caveman

Can you put curves in separate layers? It was my belief that I could only put geometry in layers?

Message 6 of 12
julior873G4
in reply to: bhorstTGM48

On another note when are they going to separate the toolbox from the main screen in order to have more room for your part. For those of us who have 2  monitor.Less clustered would be nice..

Message 7 of 12
acad-caveman

@bhorstTGM48 wrote:

Can you put curves in separate layers? It was my belief that I could only put geometry in layers?

Sure you can, they are treated just like any other entity.

Just right click on the curve in the part view window and select "change layer"

Message 8 of 12
bhorstTGM48

How come when I right click some of the curves are grayed out and i am not able to select "change layer"?

Message 9 of 12
acad-caveman

You mean the curve is grayed out, or the option to change the layer in the dialog?

Just looked in a few different files, and I don't see a reason ( nor a way to make them so ) why a curve would be grayed out...

Message 10 of 12
bhorstTGM48

The option to change the layer in the dialog. Not all of them, it seems kind of random.

Message 11 of 12
acad-caveman

Hmm... That's messed up!

I can't replicate it here, all my curves allow the layer change and I don't see why it should not be.

Of course, I'm still on FC v.21

Message 12 of 12
glorcXLYL8
in reply to: julior873G4

In that situation I usually select the feature/curve dialog.  Doing so highlights the curve or curves even when they are hidden.  While selected, some useful editing functions are available such as transform, copy/paste, and construct/curve/to geometry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report