Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F/S table not initalizing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bradley.denholm
349 Views, 8 Replies

F/S table not initalizing

Good afternoon all,

I am having some trouble installing FeatureCAM 2017 on the machines in our office. We are using a shared Tooling database which seems to be working as our tool cribs are updated to those which are found in our database. I have accomplished this by simply selecting our shared network database when first running FeatureCAM and selecting the option to "setup my copy of FeatureCAM to access this database". 

The problem I am encountering is with the F/S table initialization. It has initialized correctly (Material database and F/S available) on about half of the machines, however, on the others I cannot get it to work. I have looked for more information online but have come up with nothing (Please point me in the right direction if I missed it somewhere).

I have tried exporting the F/S table from one of the machines that it is working on to import on the one where it is not working, this imports the table temporarily, however, when I enter OK and exit the import window, there is no change. Also, I thought perhaps I had to run the InitDB utility again to actually initialize, however, when I select the "I want to initialize the database with the standard tooling library" option, the utility fails.

I apologize if I am missing something simply, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Brad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
shawn
in reply to: bradley.denholm

Are all the computers 64 bit?

Message 3 of 9
bradley.denholm
in reply to: shawn

Hi Shawn,

Yes they are, all Windows 7 Enterpise, 64-bit.

Message 4 of 9
shawn

Did you ever figure anything out?  We upgraded to 2018 and 1 computer will not access the network database.  It works fine in 2017.

Message 5 of 9
bradley.denholm

Hi Shawn,

Unfortunately we have not been able to figure it out. On one of the machines reinstalling 2017 seemed to fix the problem, however, I have tried doing this for all the machines not working and it still will not work. In the interim I have set them up with local copies of the database, although we are still in need of a solution for scalability and management reasons.

Regards,

Brad

Message 6 of 9
shawn

In the past we ALWAYS had success installing MSaccessDatabaseEngine  -Make sure it 32 bit installed.  When we got office 365 with 64 bit it caused problems.  Featurecam needs a 32 bit database not 64.  When we installed this fix from Microsoft, it worked.  Dont install the 64 bit version.

Message 7 of 9
bradley.denholm

Good morning Shawn,

I went ahead and tried uninstalling 64-bit Office and installing the 32-bit database engine. Unfortunately this has not resolved our issue, at least not without further testing ( Perhaps I need to reinstall FeatureCam with the new database in place? )

Regards,

Brad

Message 8 of 9
shawn

I didnt have to uninstall FC for that issue.

Although, I have a a bunch of issues with one computer accessing my network database.  I had to un-install FC 2018 2 times and initialize the DB 6 times to get it to work.  I did the same thing every time and finally it worked.

Message 9 of 9
bradley.denholm

That is pretty strange. I will give it a try on one of the machines not connecting and hopefully we will see the same success.

Thank you for your input on the situation.

Regards,

Brad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report