Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boss Feature issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mtech105aw
400 Views, 3 Replies

Boss Feature issue

I have been attempting to create a boss feature on 6" round stock. Boss or side feature does not cut outside diameter radius. NC code will not generate tool path for cutting radius. Would anyone have an idea on how this can be fixed? Let me mention this has not happened in the past. This issue came about after I updated 2023 version to 2024. I am using the same post processor (I don't have another post to supplement with).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rick.Merryman
in reply to: mtech105aw

They changed the boss and pocket features on 2017 and up and it stinks. I just use the side feature instead for all. What is funny my old programs we made on earlier versions still run the same as when we made them, not like the new version.
Message 3 of 4
Muppett1

Not sure what may be going on, but do you have sufficient stock outside the 6" diameter/radius feature for the software to recognize it can remove?

Message 4 of 4
mtech105aw

Found out what the issues was. Our Haas control was set up to read R code geometry not I or J code for cutting radius's. The fix was we changed the post processor from I, J to Radius. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report