Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arc problem in featureCAM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
450 Views, 1 Reply

Arc problem in featureCAM

Hello every one
I'm using FeatureCAM and Mach3, almost every thing is OK, except creating and arc  or curve, it works great in the simulation, but in Mach3 I see the roughing pass is OK, but in finish pass I get one of 2 cases:
1- the arc become a straight line in finish pass.
2- the arc become circles.
Here I attache screen shot of the case, and Mach3 settings, also I attached the GCode, is it Mach problem or the post processor? any helpdiagram.pngacc knob.pngacc knob-arc.pngop.pngCONF.pngGC.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ceckert
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not familiar with Mach3 software, but is there an option to open your file "as is"? I use some dnc software and just recently witnessed an occasion where the dnc software mistranslated a drilling cycle when I used "open standard" but if I used "open as is" it would purely read my nc code to the machine. That's what I understand so far, the Gcode looks correct in the finishing pass.

In my case, it didn't understand the retract plane of the drilling cycle. When it got to the depth it didn't retract but instead tried to move laterally...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report