Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on importing animation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
supasaru
320 Views, 1 Reply

Stuck on importing animation

There seem to be a lot of posts about this topic, but I just can't sort it out.

I have two FBXs. Using the FBX SDK I have been able to import scenes, merge them together, iterate through all the scene nodes, export as format 7100 (old code support), etc, etc, etc. I know these files should work together since you can import them into other tools and the animated mesh looks just fine.

One includes a mesh and then a hierarchy of LimbNodes in its scene. The second one is an animation and the scene includes only LimbNodes. The scenes look something like File 1 { mesh, Bip001 } and File 2 { Bip001 }. I cannot get them animations to match to the skeleton and mesh.

I have imported scene 1 into scene 2 and I ended up seeing a mesh with bones and then a totally separate set of bones with an animation.

I have followed the Scene Merge example here (via Src/DstObject, AddChild, reference scene) and ended up with totally separate set of bones with an animation.

I have renamed the Bip001 skeleton before importing (same result).
I have tried iterating through the Animation Stack discoverable through GetCurrentAnimationStack (not sure I did this right, but same result).
I have not tried trying to merge the two LimbNode hierarchies together. There doesn't seem to be a graceful way to do this other than iterating and AddNode/RemoveNode, is there?

What's the trick? Does anyone have any example code on how to "wire up" the imported Animation to the Mesh and Bones?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
supasaru
in reply to: supasaru

I made some progress by iterating through some of the Animation Curves, cloning, and assigning properties. It seems to have worked, but I don't know if that's a really strange way of accomplishing what I was trying to do or if that's what I'm supposed to do.....

Hints would be appreciated if that method makes no sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report