Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK: how to know if an object is deleted

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
247 Views, 0 Replies

SDK: how to know if an object is deleted

Is there some way in the FBX SDK to get a callback when an object or property is getting deleted?

I'm referring to the ViewScene example. It builds a simple viewer for FBX files.

The problem I'm hitting is that I'd like to be able to do a similar thing but also let the user delete nodes -- basically I'm building an FBX cleaning tool. FBX inputs can be quite large, so I don't want to need to rebuild all the UI from scratch every time the user hits the delete key.

I see the ViewScene example has the SceneContext try to mimic what FbxScene::Destroy will destroy. That seems risky: I'm sure there are some corner cases lying about when I'd fail to delete something that the FBX SDK deleted, and then I'd crash (or I'd delete something you kept around, and the display would be wrong).

The only event I see publicly accessible is a kind of onchange call for property values. There's an undocumented FbxConnectEvent as well. But is there some other mechanism?

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report