Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale/units issue while exporting Revit to 3DS with FBX

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
imigas434
2161 Views, 1 Reply

Scale/units issue while exporting Revit to 3DS with FBX

Hello,

I wanted to ask you about issue I currently deal with (as stated in the topic). After reading numbers of topics I see this issue is known, but there is no any useful solution that could help me improve the process of linking RVT-3DS with FBX.

The problem is that although having the same METRIC unit in both Revit and 3ds, after linking FBX I get proper physicall dimensions of objects, but totally messed up UVW. This effect is visible in texture mapping, but also in Forest Pack tests that I tried recently. Linking RVT file doesn't create the problem.

Test1.jpg

Test2.jpg

Now... there's a couple of topic about linking FBX and one thing repeats: either FBX's unit is natively feet/inch OR Revit exports FBX in feets/inches despite metric settings.

I know Revit core is imperial, but such a thing should not happen during export. It completely blows whole designing and rendering process for metric users.

I kindly ask for help with this issue. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Looking forward to any information or experiences.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
imigas434
in reply to: imigas434

I found out recently that putting MapScaler (WSM) modificator on linked object solves this issue. Textures and FP objects appears in proper scale on this particular object.

However I treat this as a workaround, not a solution, and consider FBX linking as broken.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report