Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya issues with shared hypershade nodes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
xen2
374 Views, 4 Replies

Maya issues with shared hypershade nodes

Hello,

I have some issues with Maya FBX export.

If I have two nodes in the scene with different materials, but those material share common nodes, some of the content will be dropped in the resulting FBX.

As an example, if I make obj1 with Material1 and obj2 with Material2, and both Material1 and Material2 uses a layeredTexture as diffuse color, in the resulting FBX only one material will have the link to the layeredTexture.
This forces us to duplicate hypershade tree for every material instead of sharing common nodes.

Please let me know if you can't reproduce, I can try to generate a simple Maya file that exhibit the issue.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: xen2

Hello xen2!

I would appreciate an example of a scene where you see the problem, I have not been able to reproduce it on my own. I've tried using your example of two materials and 1 shared file texture (the layered Texture is not supported by FBX) and when I import the file texture into MAx or back into Maya, the file texture is correctly shared by both materials.

So, if you can send me a simple example scene, that'd be great. Also, can you please tell me what software you are using exactly, i.e. version of Maya, and lastly, if you haven't, you can always download the latest version of the plug-in (2013.1) and see if your issues has been solved there.

you can find the plug-in here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775855

Regards,
Carlos
Message 3 of 5
xen2

Thanks for the reply.

I currently use 2013.1 (had the issue with 2012.x but waited for 2013.1 before reporting it, in case it was already fixed).

I attached a file exhibiting the issue (with generated fbx output).

In the Maya scene, Outdoor and Outdoor_2 both have DiffuseColor pointing to layeredTexture3 (which points to 3 textures).
When you export (in my example I exported pCube1 and pCube2), inside the resulting FBX file, Outdoor points to layeredTexture3 as expected, but Outdoor_2 points to one of the subtexture of layeredTexture3 instead of layeredTexture3 itself.

;LayeredTexture::layeredTexture3, Material::Outdoor
C: "OP",319888848,1434779232, "DiffuseColor"

;Texture::file24, Material::Outdoor_2
C: "OP",307318032,1434778832, "DiffuseColor"

Please feel free to ask if you need more info!

hypergraph_share.zip

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi again xen2,

Thanks for the example, we're looking into it and I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news.

Cheers,
Carlos
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi again xen2,

I have an update on your problem. After speaking to our main dev, it's been decided that the plug-in isn't working as intended. There shouldn't be an issue with keeping the layered texture linked to both materials.

I am logging a bug for this issue, and hopefully the fix will be included in the next update of the plug-in.

Cheers,
Carlos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report