Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File does not convert to FBX

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
11978 Views, 5 Replies

File does not convert to FBX

Here is a skinned Maya mesh that I cannot convert to FBX format. It is a simple skinned mesh derived from the dude.fbx file.

When comverting , I get this error message
"The plug-in has detected mesh nodes with unsupported operators that affect the vertex and/or face count. To correct this, delete the Non-deformer history before exporting. The following nodes will not be processed:
polySurface14"

but if I delete the non-deformer history, that breaks the model so it can't be exported either.

man.zip

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
viviane.rochon
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Doug,

You have to find a way to modify the mesh while using operators that are supported by the FBX Exporter - here, some operators are changing the vertex count or face count and the FBX Exporter can't process them. You can see this as a limitation of the FBX Exporter. I am sorry that I don't know Maya enough to help you more, maybe there is a way to bake node history into the mesh?

Viviane

Viviane Rochon Montplaisir
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Doug,

You have to find a way to modify the mesh while using operators that are supported by the FBX Exporter - here, some operators are changing the vertex count or face count and the FBX Exporter can't process them. You can see this as a limitation of the FBX Exporter. I am sorry that I don't know Maya enough to help you more, maybe there is a way to bake node history into the mesh?

Viviane

Respectfully, I don't think you should have to go through hoops to save files in an interchange file format. It defeats the whole purpose.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

go to
EDIT > DELETE BY TYPE > HYSTORY
EDIT > DELETE  BY TYPE > NO DEFORMER - HYSTORY

also
EDIT > DELETE All BY TYPE > HYSTORY
EDIT > DELETE  All BY TYPE > NO DEFORMER - HYSTORY

🙂

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Wouldn't doing that make the model lose animations rig and frames ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report