Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX SDK on ARM architecture

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
miguelcosta_mapc
1453 Views, 8 Replies

FBX SDK on ARM architecture

Can I compile a program using FBX SDK libraries for an ARM architecture? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
regalir
in reply to: miguelcosta_mapc

Hi Miguel,

we do have an ARM version of the FBX SDK library for iOS and Windows Store but we don't provide the FBX SDK for Android.

On Windows, you will need to download the "store" or "UAP" suffixed packages.

Message 3 of 9
miguelcosta_mapc
in reply to: regalir

Hi Roberto,

I want to use the FBX SDK on a iMX6 (development board with ARM architecture) running an embedded Linux. Is it possible?

Information about iMX6: http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Message 4 of 9
regalir

I doubt! For what I understand, you would need a Linux build of the FBX SDK library targeting ARM architecture and we don't offer it.

Message 5 of 9
miguelcosta_mapc

Roberto,

Do you have any suggestions for solving this problem? 

Message 6 of 9
regalir

Hi Miguel,

unfortunately, I don't have any viable suggestion. The FBX SDK libraries for Linux are compiled for the Intel/AMD architectures using the GCC compiler (we provide both the 32 and 64 bit). If you run the file command on the .so, you will get: "ELF 32-bit LSB, Intel 80386" or the "ELF 64-bit LSB, x86-64".

So, if there is a way to find an emulator that can run i386/amd64 then you may have a chance (although, running through an emulator will certainly be a lot slower). I would not count too much on this solution but it is the only one I can think of.

Message 7 of 9

Why you don't support arm processors?
Is it planned doing build for Android?
Message 8 of 9

Hi gabberr666,

Unfortunately, this support is not on our current roadmap. 

However, we keep your suggestion in mind and we'll advice the community if such support comes in the future.

Bests regards,

Vincent Haubruge

Vincent Haubruge
Message 9 of 9
BartVoigt9460

Bump...

It seems Microsoft may be meeting the community half way with an ARM version of Windows:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/arm/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report