Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX SDK license for commercial use

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
yadunandan_ab
594 Views, 6 Replies

FBX SDK license for commercial use

Hello,

We are trying to build a Software, which uses Autodesk's FBX SDK in its underlying layers for FBX to glTF conversion.

We wanted to check with autodesk whether the Autodesk FBX SDK is commercially available to use, repackage and redistribute the software built upon it.

If It is not free for use commercial use, what is the procedure to sell the applications which uses Autodesk's FBX SDK in its underlying layers.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: yadunandan_ab

you will have to pay for an ADN membership

Message 3 of 7

What is ADN membership and what are the pricing plans?

Message 4 of 7
m_latz
in reply to: yadunandan_ab

See here:

ADN Membership Options | Autodesk Developer Network

regards

Markus

Message 5 of 7

Thanks replying,

After going through the resource, we can draw conclusions that ADN is membership program to Developer network it doesn't mention anything about the repackaging and redistribution. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

We are just using this npm package which is a part of facebook's incubator project. As per their License the source code with or without any modifications can be used in commercial software with certain conditions and disclaimers.

Please do let me know if we have to do anything apart from what is mentioned in the License.

Message 6 of 7

We are also interested in this question. Specifically, we're wondering if the FBX SDK package can be redistributed by package managers like [Conda](https://docs.conda.io/en/latest/).

https://conda-forge.org/

Message 7 of 7

Came across this old post, saying:

```

1.2 Can I redistribute the FBX SDK?
You cannot redistribute or repackage the FBX SDK without written permission from Autodesk. If you create open-source code that uses the FBX SDK, distribute your code and include a link to the Autodesk FBX website so the user can install the FBX SDK. If your code needs a specific version of the SDK you can distribute the complete .exe from the Autodesk FBX website.

```

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report