Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expected unqualified-id

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
1003 Views, 21 Replies

Expected unqualified-id

I downloaded the FBX SDK a while ago and have been trying to integrate it with my code for a custom importer. The problem I am running into is that when I try to compile, I get the error "expected unqualified-id before numeric constant" in 3 different places: kfbxobject.h, kfbxnode.h, and kfbxtexture.h, all in include/fbxfilesdk/kfbxplugins.

I'm using GCC 4.3.2 in Code::Blocks 10.05 on a Linux 2.6.32 x86_64 system, specifically Debian 6.0.2 (Squeeze, Stable). The errors are whenever it uses an enum called eFbxPropertyCallback:

virtual bool PropertyNotify(eFbxPropertyCallback, KFbxProperty*); //kfbxobject.h

virtual bool PropertyNotify(eFbxPropertyCallback pType, KFbxProperty* pProperty); //kfbxnode.h

virtual bool PropertyNotify(eFbxPropertyCallback pType, KFbxProperty* pProperty); //kfbxtexture.h

eFbxPropertyCallback is declared in kfbxobject (interestingly, just above the declaration for kFbxObject::PropertyNotify, as such:

// property callbacks
typedef enum {
eFbxProperty_SetRequest,
eFbxProperty_Set,
eFbxProperty_Get
} eFbxPropertyCallback;

I have tried searching for this error on the internet, and have found that generally it occurs due to a naming conflict. However, I know I have declared nothing of the sort in my project, and a search (using the "find" command) shows that there are only 4 places eFbxPropertyCallback anywhere in any libraries I'm using: the 4 places I've presented here. More importantly, if I try changing the name (I've tried everything from eFbxCallback to eFbxRandomEnumName) and using that in these places, I still get the same error.

Please, any help would be appreciated. I have no clue why it is doing this or how to fix it.
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have exactly same problem. I am using Ubuntu 12.10 and GCC 4.7.2. FBX SDK version is 2013.3.

Still no solution??

Edit: Moving "#include <fbxsdk.h>" to firt of my includes seems to solve problem.
Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I just encountered exactly the same problem as you replied on "expected unqualified-id before =numeric constant" error due to the conflict between a function name in fbx files and a enum in X.h. It seems like this issue can be solved by removing includes of fbx files but in my project x11 is important and it has to be used. Therefore, I am wondering is there any solution to solve this issue? Or is there any updates from AutoDesk? Thanks very much for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report