cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Parameters as Export Parameter

User Parameters as Export Parameter

Hello again, 😉

It would be nice, to get the User Parameters also as Export Parameters, to use them in a part list.

Often we have information in that parameters, that we need also in a part list.

Kind regards,

Sven

7 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Sven,

As you know, the Key parameters is already exported to the part list. is that not working for you to set the needed user parameters as key parameters which will be exported in the part list?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

mk92
Collaborator

"As you know, the Key parameters is already exported to the part list. is that not working for you to set the needed user parameters as key parameters which will be exported in the part list?"

We do have kind of a similar problem. Every KeyParameter is listed in the Asset Parameters. Not every information which needs to be in the BOM has to be shown in the Asset Parameter. Especially if the Asset has more than 20 Parameter you don't want to have shown 20 other which are only "side" informations which where cause by the "real" key parameter.

I hope this is something Sven also means 🙂 

TAR_Loki
Collaborator

I know that kind of solution, but the performance with an excel sheet is not so good, like it is with an xml file.

According to my discussion at the Inventor Forum germany, they told me two ways: Inventor Stückliste nach XML?

Markus Koechl and Sofia told me these ways.

It is possible to get a xml part list from the vault.

Now it would be great, to get these XML part list also directly from the Inventor.

Sofias Solution was like yours Marco, but withan small extra doing. The Excel Sheet will be transformed to an xml file.

The vantage of the XML file also will be, that i dont have to create for every parameter that i need an extra collum at the excel sheet.

I only have to give my colleague from the Camos Team the XML file with all information and the program reads out these needed parameters by its own.

TAR_Loki
Collaborator

Text_Parameter_Excel_Export.png

Would be nice, if Textparameter could be also set as Export Parameter.

koop
Contributor

text to export.png

XuesongBai
Alumni

@TAR_Loki@koop Regarding to set Text Parameter as Export Parameter, I suggest that you post the requirement in Inventor forum specifically .

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report