Factory Design Utilities Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Factory Design Utilities team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

User Parameters as Export Parameter

by Advocate TAR_Loki on ‎02-15-2017 02:29 AM

Hello again, ;)

It would be nice, to get the User Parameters also as Export Parameters, to use them in a part list.

Often we have information in that parameters, that we need also in a part list.

Kind regards,

Sven

Comments
By: Employee
| Posted ‎02-15-2017 07:02 PM

Hi Sven,

As you know, the Key parameters is already exported to the part list. is that not working for you to set the needed user parameters as key parameters which will be exported in the part list?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

By: Advocate mk92
| Posted ‎02-16-2017 04:06 AM

"As you know, the Key parameters is already exported to the part list. is that not working for you to set the needed user parameters as key parameters which will be exported in the part list?"

We do have kind of a similar problem. Every KeyParameter is listed in the Asset Parameters. Not every information which needs to be in the BOM has to be shown in the Asset Parameter. Especially if the Asset has more than 20 Parameter you don't want to have shown 20 other which are only "side" informations which where cause by the "real" key parameter.

I hope this is something Sven also means :) 

By: Advocate TAR_Loki
| Posted ‎02-16-2017 05:11 AM , edited ‎02-16-2017 05:12 AM |

I know that kind of solution, but the performance with an excel sheet is not so good, like it is with an xml file.

According to my discussion at the Inventor Forum germany, they told me two ways: Inventor Stückliste nach XML?

Markus Koechl and Sofia told me these ways.

It is possible to get a xml part list from the vault.

Now it would be great, to get these XML part list also directly from the Inventor.

Sofias Solution was like yours Marco, but withan small extra doing. The Excel Sheet will be transformed to an xml file.

The vantage of the XML file also will be, that i dont have to create for every parameter that i need an extra collum at the excel sheet.

I only have to give my colleague from the Camos Team the XML file with all information and the program reads out these needed parameters by its own.

By: Advocate TAR_Loki
| Posted ‎02-23-2017 06:17 AM

Text_Parameter_Excel_Export.png

Would be nice, if Textparameter could be also set as Export Parameter.

By: Participant koop
| Posted ‎02-23-2017 06:18 AM

text to export.png

By: Employee
| Posted ‎02-23-2017 08:19 PM

@TAR_Loki@koop Regarding to set Text Parameter as Export Parameter, I suggest that you post the requirement in Inventor forum specifically .

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!