Factory Design Utilities Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Factory Design Utilities team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Revit in FDS

by Enthusiast wezpb on ‎01-20-2016 05:31 AM

I think it would e a good idea to include a version of Revit in FDS. how else would you conbine a Revit 3D model with a system model to enable to creation of contextual sections i.e. sections that include the building and the system. Inventor can import Revit but not the scale of projects that we work with.

Comments
By: Employee
| Posted ‎01-20-2016 06:41 PM

hi there,

Thank you for raising up the great idea.

We will consider the interoperability between Revit and Inventor, especially the bi-direction workflow from each other.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

By: Observer abaker5
| Posted ‎05-11-2016 03:49 AM

I'd like to add that it would be good if lightwieght Assets with BIM Exchange Connectors could be passed to Revit MEP, for hook up to pipework and electrical connections.

By: Employee
| Posted ‎08-17-2016 05:58 AM

This is a great idea.

I had a project, where we used the Revit Import to Inventor to see the building and the MEP during the process planning. This allow to see where space is limited or building structure does not allow to place an asset. In this case you can define views in Revit to control the details and an option in the import allow to get a solid in Inventor. 

The only thing is, when you have green field projects, the building is changing often. In this case you need to re-import the Revit model. This works as long as you do not create installation drawings. 

So my hope is, that in Inventor we can use the AnyCAD function to an Revit model. If this will be possible, we can update any changes without re-import the model. 

Regards

Frank 

P.S. please call for "AnyCAD for Revit"  

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!