cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offering 2D Assets to the libary in all views

Offering 2D Assets to the libary in all views

Hi together,

my whish is, that when we offer an asset to the libary, that we get all views from it. Front, Side Left, Side right, Rear and Top.

The reason is, that we have to build 2D Assets for the AutoCAD libary too.

And if the views will be automiticly build, it would be very helpfull.

Otherwise, could you build something, with that it would be possible, to use the 3D Libary in Mechanical, in all 2D views.

Architecture Top View is not helpfull, if you are not working totaly on the ground floor. All Machines are hanging in the air and in the sideview of the building they are only a line.

So it would be a great thing, that something will work in future like that. 🙂

4 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi there,

Thank you for posting the idea.

Currently we don't have distinct function to get all views from 3D asset. But we can get them by a workaround. The basic solution is through the Variant Asset.We can define multiple workplane for the Front view,Side Left view,etc. by changing the angle. And then create the Variant Asset with diffrent angle.

I will share more infomation about this topic in my blog(xuesong.blog.com).

Thanks,

-Xuesong

TAR_Loki
Collaborator

Hi XuesongBai,

how can I find these informations on your blog? 🙂

Greetings,

Sven

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Sven,

I am posting the article on my blog right now. Please check it out later.

If possible, please let me know your email and then I can inform you of that once I am done.

My email is Xuesong.Bai@autodesk.com

-Xuesong

dJovica24
Enthusiast

Like @TAR_Loki, I would like to be able to work in AutoCAD, in any view and drop assets in and they come in, in that view.

So when you publish an asset, you havethe option to choose which 2D views you want publish.

So then, for example, I can be in elevation view (right), and I drag in assets, connect them up, then change to plan view by clicking top in the view cube, drag more assets, connect them up, change to front or left view, etc.and repeat, and AutoCAD changes the views as required.

I've seen your blog write up and I like the workaround but you are still only working in plan (top) view

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report