cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks point cloud color options

Navisworks point cloud color options

Navisworks does not allow the user to change the color settings of point clouds that are appended to the model.  In many situations intensity mapping shows a better color gradiation of pipes, conduits and equipment than black and white or captured colors.  This is  feature that is available in all of the hero apps except Navisworks.  This will help simplify viewing of point clouds in Navisworks rather than constanatly rotating to interpret small bore piping and conduits.

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incredible how this is still not implemented... 

m.baumann
Community Visitor

Its absolutely staggering how they have no alignment across their platforms.  I cant believe its so hard that they cant have the same toolbox (recap) running across Navis, Autocad, Inventor etc.  

I think i will  get Rhino and run the Arena 4D plug.

MTNik
Explorer

Even just being able to control the colors in ReCap and have them carry across to Navis would be a major benefit.

hanslammerts
Collaborator

Just Amazing! Is it 2021 already?.. my goodness

r_griffith
Contributor

Ran across this problem so i had to google, how to change pointcloud colors in Navisworks.
Came here and am baffled that it's not possible to change to intensity, categorization or normals etc. How can something so simpel not be implemented?  Please get this fixed in the 2024 version.

m.baumann
Community Visitor

LOL - Yeah..  Im not sure what is goin on there - they (ADesk) have priorities elsewhere it woudl seem. Autodesk products are basically dead to me now, so many other cloud based platforms out there that have all the features now..

nmckelveyHMN4X
Explorer

Just another request for this though don't think anyone is listening (8 years and counting). Being able to change between RGB, intensity, normal and elevation would be amazing. 

For those playing at home note you can bake the other colour maps into the colour of the point clouds in software like cloud compare but frustrating to have to do that when the navisworks should be able to handle it as it's all in the RCS file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report