cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Multiple Assets

Merge Multiple Assets

Lets say I have 2 Assets.

Asset A = Square Post

Asset B = Item to weld to Square Post (Not available within the factory properties)

When plotting my Layout in AutoCAD I place and configure the 2 assets as required. (These are now 2 items in my BoM & feature tree)

joshhudson8GUGT_0-1692876780943.png

Within the factory options it would be nice to merge these to create 1 asset. Both keeping the original Factory Properties (having a option to switch in the Factory Properties which asset you want to edit).

Then when syncing with Inventor it shows only 1 item in the feature tree and BoM as this is correct for the top level.

The option would also need to be added to un-merge the assets for when a aspect needed to be removed.

This would save a lot of time creating complex iLogic driven models which need options to add so many things.

I've included some screenshots of my factory properties so you have an idea of how many options out Factory properties might have for a post with the option to configure with the welded on parts.

joshhudson8GUGT_1-1692877179318.png

joshhudson8GUGT_2-1692877184958.png

joshhudson8GUGT_3-1692877189021.png

If we could merge assets I could get rid of everything from Section 2 / 5 / 7 / 8 as they are all welded to the post and could be a stand alone asset we could combine. This would remove the need to specify things like hook offsets in the factory properties as you could just place it on plan where it was required.

I have rambled on there so I hope that makes sense, as I really do think this could be a game changer for factory's uptake.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report