cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorporate a Drag Arrow for Resizing Asset

Incorporate a Drag Arrow for Resizing Asset

All,

Good afternoon!  I have been working with a client and they would like to see an option for using a drag arrow, similar to the Extrude command in Inventor, to resize parameters inside an asset.  For example, a user could be configuring an asset and there is no specific geometry to measure to and they just want to "rough in" the size, so they don't want to try to type in an exact size (which may not be known).  Currently I'm not aware of a way to accomplish this, so I think a drag arrow has merit.  It could be something that is available for only numeric / geometric parameters, so when that parameter is selected, the appropriate drag arrow is displayed.  Not sure how it would work exactly, but want to throw out at least one potential version.  If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

2 Comments
mk92
Collaborator

Nice idea! We used something like that in AutoCAD. Would love to have a feature like this in Inventor! Would help us a lot for fast sketching an layout.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  ,

Sometimes i also have necessity to fill a gap with an assets and i don't know the exact size. 

I use the native command "measure" on the right of the parameter, then select the two faces of the space to fill (or create a plane dragging the measure from a known reference) the space. You can pick also DWG underlay point or reference.

2019-01-22 11_45_16-Window.png

Hope that was usefull.

Bye bye

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report