Factory Design Utilities Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Factory Design Utilities team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea

Process Analysis 360

by Contributor DMRICSJN on ‎10-14-2015 05:07 AM

Hi Guy's

Process Analysis is easy to start and operate even as a newbee, but also very limited if it should work in a logistic or manufactoring industry!

I will apreciate if:

• A SW tool for writing strings that constrain more sophisticated features e.g.  What if ...then or Case, Math functions or other Events
  • Input/output options from PLC SW
  • Inputs from e.g. external sensors
  • 3D illustations tools and/or smooth interaction with Inventor/Factory/Navis..

Claus

Hi,

I know we can add connection from 1 source to 2 processor that mean we have parallel process. But it's great if we can have 2 option: single proc and parallel proc.

Tks,

Bottle neck process

by Participant muoixd on ‎11-24-2015 09:53 PM

Hi,

I think it should be great if we can find out bottle neck process during analysis.

Tks,

My idea is as followed.

In my layout I am starting with the material cement in tonnes per hour and ends with cement in bags per hour (25kg/40kg or 50kg).

In this process, my cement will transfered through a bucket elevator and a screen into a storage silo over the packing machine.

The packing machine is a roto packer which filles the cement in one turn around into a bag.

After that, the bag fell on a discharge line and will be transported to a truck loader or a palletizer.

So I think, it might be very helpfull if we could build also processes like this, where processes starts in materials and ends in the product.

Hi,

i´m testing the labs tool Process Simulation 360 and i think it is a great tool and easy to use. But i don´t know the meaning of MTTR and MTBF and there is no discription.

And now my idea:

Create my layout in ACAD Architecture and put in all of my material flow, product and so on. Export an XML or something else and load it in this new labs tool. In Process Simulation 360 i want to check out if my layout can reach my output or what happen if my processor is faster, slower or stops for 2 hours because of a crash in the maschine.

A nice to have: All operations and stations are in Process Simulation 360 from my ACAD layout export. 

Next: Process Simulation 360 integrated in Factory Design Suite 2013.

0 Kudos

DOE problem

by Participant muoixd on ‎05-19-2016 10:58 PM

Hi,

As you know normally we perform DOE analysis.

With Engineer or planner, they only want to put some data and get result showing that Source rate, how many buffer they need, how many people also.

so example they plan to get 24 product/week.

There are 3 processes to make product. There is variation of processing time/down time they know.

Question is how to simple input data and get result for Source/buffer/operator. We should have project template then they just key in know data, click on run then get result.

If we can do like this, planner/engineer have great life.

Tks,

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!