cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Key Parameters, so not Edited, but still Passed via Connector

Hide Key Parameters, so not Edited, but still Passed via Connector

All,

I would like the ability to label a parameter as key, but hide it from the view of the users.  That way it could be passed along via Connectors, but not accidentally edited by users.  For example, there may be some parameters that I set in the starter asset that gets passed along to each of the following assets.  These could either be explicit choices or values that are driven by a formula.  Regardless, I want that value to be passed along and consistent.

Unfortunately for a connector class file to be applied, it requires that passable parameters are set as Key, which will then display them in the Factory Properties dialog box in the layout.  This is what I would like to be avoided for some of the asset parameters, because the users may end up changing them...

Hopefully, this is clear, but if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

11 Comments
avhsalesengineer
Enthusiast

Here another one being curious for the solution... for some assets it is just irrelevant to show or edit the 'shared key parameter'.

petestrycharske
Advisor

avhsalesengineer, I agree it would be a nice feature.  If you get a moment could you click the up arrow to give a kudos.  I think that will give the idea more visibility.  Thanks for commenting and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

SveinnIngi
Contributor

I've been thinking about exactly the same thing. That would be very useful feature for us in my company.

All the best,

Sveinn

m.slosson
Participant

Wish I could give more than one vote to this.

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

sjbrown23
Participant

This is something that needs to return.  I don't buy the comment from Oleg (?) that it was a "bug".  It's a rather useful feature when you have an asset that has 20+ parameters because the user will get lost in that much information.

Please give this back to us!

liqinomickey
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

This idea is accepted and FDS-12432 is created to track the progress.

liqinomickey
Autodesk

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Factory Design Utilities in 2019.1. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

The trick is addin a comment to the parameter you would like to hide in FPP(Factory Properties Palette), naming "ADSKFactoryHideInUI", in Inventor Parameter dialog. This function is also available in iLogic, referring to this following page.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-4E3CA96E-74D7-4FB5-A65E-78DEA357E2AB

liqinomickey
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

liqinomickey
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report