cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have a Material/colour for "BYLAYER" in FDS and use layer in view creation.

Have a Material/colour for "BYLAYER" in FDS and use layer in view creation.

It would be a good idea if we could have a "bylayer" colour option for parts used in FDS. i know you can override colours at the assembly level, but it would be great if this could be set by the Layer within FDS so that it only changed the elements that are set to "bylayer" within the part and not the whole object. i also know you can have a colour parameter within the asset, but this not what i'm after.

It would also be a good idea for invenotr to utilise the layer selected for the asset for the drawing views, so we do not have to manually assing layers...or at least have this as an option before you create the view/section etc..

Wes.

4 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi there,

Have you tried to assign the layer to the factory asset when you authoring the asset in asset builder?

The assets will be going to the specific layers when you place them in the factory layout. Of course the layers is only working in AutoCAD not in Inventor drawing. Make sense for you?

Thanks,

-Xuesong

wezpb
Advocate

Yes that makes sense, but not really what i'm asking for. it more for the model visuals. Something similar to what i was asking has actually now been implemented in FDS 2017 so no need to worry about this now 🙂

XuesongBai
Alumni

Sure, we can set the layer for the whole object in FDS 2017 and reset the layer in the asset properties panel.

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report