cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create asset variants directly while uploading to the library

Create asset variants directly while uploading to the library

To save time with complex assets it would be nice if we had the option to create the assets variants directly while uploading the asset to the library.

Also it would be good if the asset placement begins after you choose the variant from the list directly.

2 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

After discussing with mk92, he You needs a virtual group of assets but not a sub-layout in the library. Below is the details.

"We would use the variants to create standard cases we had in nearly every project. So I will create this sub-systems out of 2 up to 4 assets and connect them in a layout. After this I need to upload them to the asset library. If a person needs them in his project he could use this building block in his layout. At this point it is important that these sub layout isnt placed as an related IAM. All these connected asset have to stay by themselfe. Because after placing them I need to be able to change their parameter in later project phases. "

TAR_Loki
Collaborator

I dicussed with @XuesongBai the same for the 2D Assets for AutoCAD.

I agree wth @mk92 that it would be nice to have the assets created directly from all main planes XY/XZ/YZ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report