cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Class Properties active or not

Connector Class Properties active or not

Hi together,

yesterday I created a project drawing, where I used the connector points.

With the connector points I also used the created connector class.

Most time this is great, but yesterday it was not so usefull, because I need a different parameter like the connector classe told the asset.

As example:

I created two assets, a machine and an equipment, that belongs to the machine.

In the connector class, I told the equipment, to ask, which machine typ is connected to it. According to the machine typ, the equipment change his size.

So far, so good

But yesterday, I need a smaller size of the equipment and to make that possible, I had to delete the constrains that are created by using the connector points.

Now my Idea.

It would be great, to have an option, which turns the connector class on or of in an asset.

Greetings,

Sven

5 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi Sven,

In your case, as a workaround you can turn on/off the connectors by a key parameter and of course turn on/off connectorclass correspondingly.

The sample iLogic code like below.

If Connector="On" Then
Feature.IsActive("Connector1")=1
Feature.IsActive("Connector2")=1
ElseIf Connector="off" then
Feature.IsActive("Connector1")=0
Feature.IsActive("Connector2")=0
End If

Thanks,

-Xuesong

TAR_Loki
Collaborator
Hi Xuesong,
Thanks for your answer. 😊
But I dont want to turn of the connectors, I want to break the link to the connector class.
In that special case I need the connector, but nit the transfered information.
Would this be possible?
Kind regards,
Sven

Gesendet von meinem Windows 10 Phone
XuesongBai
Alumni

OK, then you need to create the two connectors(Connector1 and Connector2) in the same place. Similarly,as connectorclass in the system asset library.

<ConveyorHeight family_type="inclined" connector_name="Connector2" value_source="Parameter">LowerHeight</ConveyorHeight>

If only the Connector2 is consumed, the information can be transferred. The point is that you need to be careful to connect the right connector.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

TAR_Loki
Collaborator

Smiley Very Happy

Thats a solution, but there is a problem. Smiley Very Happy

On that connection point I have 5 Connectors over each other, because i can't use one connector more than once.

So it will be very difficult to connect to the right one.

The other reason is, that the draughtsmen will get angry, if they have to connect the machine more than one time, to find the right one with ore without the connectorclass properties.

mk92
Collaborator

"On that connection point I have 5 Connectors over each other, because i can't use one connector more than once.

So it will be very difficult to connect to the right one."

That's exactly the same problem we got with our supports. You cant choose which connector is used.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report