cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Drawings to Published Assets, For Asset Detailing

Attach Drawings to Published Assets, For Asset Detailing

All,

Good afternoon!  I would love an option to add a drawing file (IDW or DWG) to a published asset.  Ideally, I would like to create an asset (even an assembly asset) and be able to place views in a drawing, dimension and even add a Parts List.  When ready to publish the asset, I would like to add the drawing file as well as an NWC file, and the drawing file would automatically update, as the asset is modified inside an assembly.  Now when I create a layout, instead of having an entire BOM of all the parts, I could open up the drawing of a specific assembly asset and see its BOM and detailed drawing.  This would help with more assembly operations where users have to see how the assets are constructed (or send instructions to the final installer).  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

1 Comment
XuesongBai
Alumni

How about attach the drawing files by Inventor DWG underlay function? So the drawing files can be embed into factory asset.

Right now,the drawing file is not packed with factory asset into the factory library.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report