Together with petestrycharske and olegd.prod we discussed about the usability of Asset Parameter. Also i will try to combine ideas i found in the Idea Station.
1. Parameter Visibility - we would like to be able to determine which Parameter is shown depending on other Parameter.
Example: Motor = Yes, Motortype is Shown Else Motor = No ,Motortype isnt shown.
2. Parameter category and organization - we need to be able to create categories in the Parameter window.
Example: Base, Motor, Support...
Also we need the possibility to organize the Parameter logically and not alphabetical.
My example from the thread:
"Imagin buying a car or even better a electronic device where your knowledge isn't really the best. And the configurator on the website shows you a huge list of things you can add and parameters to change, and the half of them is without any use on your special case and additionally the parameters are in an order which doesn't make any sense because its alphabetical. I think enrage is the word we need there."
3. Copy Parameter from one Asset to the other - this Feature would save a lot of time.
I explained it here:
4. Using comments for Explanation - often technical Parameters arent the real names so it would be helful to deposit the Information anywere so when you hover over the Parameter in the asset an Pop up window appears with the Explanation in it.
5. Passing NonKey Parameter throught connector Points would also be very helpful. Because not every Information, maybe some Information for calculating something, is important to Show to the user.
petestrycharske mentioned this in his Idea.
If i have missed anything do not hesitate to add ideas with a comment!
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!