Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Asset In Layout

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ederson.balbinot
593 Views, 4 Replies

Update Asset In Layout

Hello!

I am creating blocks for Factory and am facing the following problem:

When I insert into a layout two occurrences of the same block while editing one another receives the same updates even though they are different occurrences.
Follow the images below:

chute03.PNG

As you can see in the highlights this "code" that I believe to be generated by the Factory is the same in both instances soon the Inventor should "understand" as the same piece.

Considerations to be made:

- the blocks are modified through changed parameters via the graphical interface of an Add-In.
- I'm doing the Add-in in C#;
- I look for the item to be changed in the assembly through the commandPicker looking for a ComponentOccurrence;
- the block has illogic rules (I do not think it influences);

Thanks for the collaboration.

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello there,
It sounds lie you are manipulating the Inventor parameters of a file that was generated by placing a Factory asset. Please be aware that this is not supported. That is, you can obviously do this via Inventor API, but Factory workflows, like sync, will not work as-expected. Factory data should be manipulated via the Factory Property Panel.

Thank you,

Oleg
Message 3 of 5

Is there any possibility of manipulating the Factory panel through the API?
I would like this because in this block there are many settings besides information that I need to look for in a database for example...

Thanks for the answer!

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately there is no public Factory API that supports parameter manipulation
Message 5 of 5

Hello.

I can not believe that Autodesk did not do this editable via API, but we'll expect it to be implemented in future releases.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report