Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show asset tag on Inventor Drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ederson.balbinot
849 Views, 6 Replies

Show asset tag on Inventor Drawing

Hello for all!

It's possible to show asset tag on Inventor drawing?

How to make this?

I would like to change item number for asset tag.

Change this:

ballon.PNG

For this:

tag.PNG

However, if exists many assets with the same instance with different configurations happens this:

vaaries.PNG

In this case I make the asset tag with two information of my process and I insert iproperty STOCK NUMBER and show it in the balloon.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.
Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi there,
In general, the answer is no -Asset Tag is a per-instance Factory property, and isn't accessible to Inventor Drawings.
With that said, I am not sure what you did to go from "5" to "AZS 001" to "*Varies*"? Can you record a video showing your workflow?

Thank you,

Oleg
Message 3 of 7

Hi!

About the values in the balloon:

5 is default, the value of the item in assembly.

AZS 001 is the information I want to appear.

and *Varies* It happens when I enter more than one item, even with a different instance of the same asset.

How are 3D layout details done?

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.
Message 4 of 7

Forgive me for being slow, but what does "I enter more than one item" mean? "Enter" where? Can you include a video/screenshots/etc

Thanks,

Oleg
Message 5 of 7

Hello!

Thanks for help!

Video below:

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Message 6 of 7

I am going to guess that you have Inventor BOM part number matching turned on.

If you turn it off, you should get what you are looking for, but only because of how you are building your "asset tag".
You seem to be using Inventor parameters to "build" the asset tag. Nothing wrong with that, but this is not how we intended things to work.
In your scheme, 2 identical asset instances that only vary in your "asset tag" will still result in 2 different files, and in 2 different BOM rows (with the part number matching turned off).
In our scheme, "asset tag" is a per-instance property, so 2 instances backed by the exact same file can have different asset tags. This is the data I was referring to when I said that there is no way to get that into a drawing.

HTH

Oleg
Message 7 of 7

Yes, Inventor BOM part number matching turned on!

Now is working fine!

Thanks!

match.PNG

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report