Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Component in Vaulted Libraby Asset

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
petestrycharske
443 Views, 5 Replies

Replace Component in Vaulted Libraby Asset

All,

Good afternoon!  I realized that I had used a generic version of a part in an asset that has been published to an Asset Library in Vault.  Now I'd like to go back and replace this model with a more specific model in the Asset.  Here are the steps I've taken below:

1. I navigate to the proper Vault Asset, right click on it  and choose the "Explore" option.  From there I make a copy of the generic component I want (in that Windows folder) and then edit the component as needed.

2. I right click on the Vault Asset and click on the "Edit" option.

3. Inside the Asset Editor, I right click on the component in question and Choose the "Component - Replace" option and select the updated copy.

4. I click the Save Asset button and then I get the attached error message...

Is there any way to replace a component within an Vault Library Asset, or would I have to republish it somehow?  As a corollary, I don't seem to be able to delete components from assets either...  Is there a good guide out there for how to manipulate Vaulted Assets?  Any help would be really appreciated.  Please feel free to reach out with any questions.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Pete,

The workflow of updating the vault asset is OK.

But make sure the models should be closed in the first step.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 6

Xuesong,

Please see the attached screencast that illustrates my exact process.  Please let me know what I'm missing.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed night!

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 6

Hi Pete,

The point is that you copied and stored the updated model in the same destination asset folder. Publishing/Editing asset will copy and update all asset models to this folder too. These are conflict.

So the copied model should be outside of the destination of asset in the first step.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Message 5 of 6

Xuesong, that was exactly what I needed to know!  As soon as I replaced with the file moved to a different location, it worked perfectly!  Thank you SO MUCH and have a most blessed night!

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 6 of 6

You are welcome.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report