Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove / Delete Components from a Vaulted Factory Asset

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
435 Views, 2 Replies

Remove / Delete Components from a Vaulted Factory Asset

All,

Good evening!  One more crazy question for you all regarding the Vaulted Factory Assets.  Is there a way to remove components from a Vaulted Factory Asset?  Specifically, I have a virtual component that I was initially using in the assembly asset, but now I've decided to use a real component in order to utilize Vault BOM editing.  However, I can't seem to figure out a way to delete the virtual component from the assembly.  Actually I can't seem to figure out how to delete any components from the Assembly Asset in the Asset Editor.  Is there a way to do this? 

Please see the attached Screencast to see a generic representation of what I'm trying to accomplish.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Pete,

Hello again.

That is the limitation.

The workaround is as below.

1.Explore the asset

2,Open and delete it

3,Edit the asset in asset builder

4,Save the update of the asset.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3

Xuesong,

Thanks again!  That got me exactly what I needed.  You are such an awesome resource!  I really appreciate it and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report