Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Factory-DWG-File linked to "Factory Layout" custom Object

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
555 Views, 6 Replies

Non-Factory-DWG-File linked to "Factory Layout" custom Object

Hi all,

I work with Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2017 and Vault Professional 2017.

I create a new DWG from an old and native DWT template => OK

I create a new DWG from a new template (customized) => After the 1st check in Vault, my dwg is linked to a new Custom Object in the family "Factory Layout".

Same problem if Factory Add-in is unload in AutoCAD. Same behavior if I check-in from Acad or AcadM.

I don't use VDS.

I have the issue in 2 vaults that have FactVault.cfg configuration.

Can you explain what is the hidden or magic property that create a custom object during dwg check-in ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Best regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
olegd.prod
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,
This is part of Factory/Vault integration - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/FDS/files/GUID-981770...
Specifically, this is being done to enable "View Factory Data in Vault". This behavior is not related to templates or to VDS.

This behavior should only kick in if your file has Factory data in it. Are you saying that a checkin of a non-Factory file is resulting in custom objects being created?
BTW, you said "Same problem if Factory Add-in is unload in AutoCAD". This behavior is implemented by the Factory add-in, so if you have it unloaded, it will not happen...

Thank you,

Oleg
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: olegd.prod

Hi Oleg,

Factory add-in is not loaded, as you can see in the Screencast.

The result seems to depend of the template I use.

Hope it helps !

I sent you a link to download my templates.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 7
olegd.prod

The fact that Factory custom objects are being created in Vault tells me that the add-in is loaded. There is simply no code in AutoCAD (any flavor) to create these objects - this code is in the Factory add-in.
AFAIK, unloading customizations affects the UI(ribbon), but doesn't have any impact on the add-in itself being or not being loaded.
You can check this by going to the command line and trying to execute the FACT_ABOUT command. I fully expect that you'll see the "About Factory ..." dialog.

I don't know if there is an "official" way to prevent an add-in from loading, but when I need to test such behavior I usually use the brute force approach:
With ACAD not running, go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins, and rename the "FactApplication_R21.0.bundle" folder to "FactApplication_R21.0.bundle.as-installed", or something like that. Now, when you load ACAD, the addin will not be found, and will not be loaded. You can verify by trying to run the FACT_ABOUT command

As far as different behavior with different templates: we look for some metadata in the file to determine if it is a "Factory-related" file. Looks like your template contains this metadata, so we are reacting to it. If you create a new template from scratch (without Factory data), it should not result in Vault object creation.

Thank you,

Oleg
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: olegd.prod

Hi Oleg,

1. You're right, FACT_ABOUT still give me factory about dialog.

2. Your workaround works for me.

Thanks a lot for your answer !

I'd like to know how to manage these "meta-data" that create a Vault custom object, but as I think it's impossible, I'll try to make my templates again from scratch.

Thanks again for you help. Quick and Accurate.

Best regards,

Irénée.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi again Smiley Wink

Still about these meta-data in my template : is it possible to delete it using API ? Do you have a lisp (or other) that permitt to supress these Factory meta-data ?

Because I just had a look on my templates, and it's a lot of job to make new Templates from scratch.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice week-end,

Irénée.

Message 7 of 7
olegd.prod

We do not have any formal way to clear out this data.

Yes, it is certainly possible to do all kinds of things using the API ... be aware that we haven't tested this, so this is 100% unsupported.
Definition of "unsupported": If there are issues with files created from the modified template, you'll need to recreate the files with a clean template before we can explore other issues

Make sure you have backups of your files
Try deleting root-level dictionaries named FactoryPreferences and FACT_ModelsContainer to see if this gets you the desired behavior

Oleg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report