Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Factory Utilities BUG

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Aadithya01
1180 Views, 14 Replies

Inventor Factory Utilities BUG

I am trying to place the factory asset from the asset browser in Inventor but I am not able to place the assets . 

But syncing the assets from AutoCAD Mechanical to navisworks works properly . Donot why I am not able to place in Inventor . Also in the video you can see the top 2d view of the asset which I had synced it from Autocad mechanical.

Kindly please see the below link for the problem that I am facing. 

http://autode.sk/2mVeDba

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Aadithya01,

Good morning!  I'm sorry to see your troubles.  Just to clarify, the sync from AutoCAD doesn't bring the assets over into Inventor?  That is indeed odd behavior...  Do other assets behave the same way, or is it just the conveyor belts?  Are you noticing any other problems, just modeling in Inventor?  Which version of the Factory Design Utilities are you using?  Were you able to successfully place assets before, or did this problem just start happening?

I would suggest uninstalling the Factory Design Utilities for Inventor and then trying to reinstall them.  Be sure that your Windows profile isn't corrupted and that you have full local admin rights as well.  Please let us know the additional information that I asked about above and if the reinstallation of the Factory Utilities helps out.  Hope this helps and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 15

HEy Pete

Many thanks for the quick response . This problem is there when I try to place the already installed Local assets . When I download a cloud asset and try to place them in the UI it works perfectly but couldn't place local assets . 

But when I place these local assets in Autocad and sync it with Navisworks I am able to see those local assets but I am not able to see those local assets in inventor. 

Like you said I have uninstalled Inventor Factory utilities and will put a reinstallation and will let you know if the problem still persists .

Also I dont seem to have issue with the windows and I have full admin rights .. 

Message 4 of 15

Hey Pete,

I just made a quick reinstallation of Factory utilities of Inventor and still I am facing the problem

http://autode.sk/2mor4YO

Kindly watch the above link for the status of the problem

Message 5 of 15

Aadithya,

Good afternoon!  I saw your video and see what you mean.  Instead of typing a long response, I too have made a video.  Please let me know if these items help out.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 6 of 15
Aadithya01
in reply to: Aadithya01

Hey Pete ,

I just saw the video .. Yes you are right there might be problem with the syncing .. It syncs with naviswork properly but doesnt sync with inventor .. I will check with those options and then I will let you know the status
Message 7 of 15
liqinomickey

Hi,

I didn't notice that you also posted here in Factory Design Utilities Forum. I will continue to reply here. As it more seems like a FDU issue.

I Copy my reply in Inventor forum here:

Hi There,

Sorry for the issue you are experiencing. We will look into this. But for the time being, as you described placing local assets not working, while cloud assets works. I suggests you delete the local asset and download again from the cloud.

1, take straight belt convery for example.

2, in Asset browser, right mouse button click the straight belt conveyor.

3, First item "Explore..."

4, the window explorer will pop up, delete the straight belt conveyor folder.

5, Since other local assets have the same issue, delete them all.

6, Back to Asset browser. Click the green "Refresh".

7, After refresh done, the straight belt conveyor will appear as "not downloaded". you can right mouse button click it to download.

I assume that will ease the pain that you are experiencing. But we will look into it!

Mickey Li

Mickey.Li@Autodesk.com

And then you mentioned that:

Thank you so much for your respoNSE .. Also I found that I am able to place only some cloud assets not all of them

So, could you please name 1 cloud asset that could not be placed, and 1 that works fine. And also take a screenshot of the folder structure of the two assets, and all the files in that folder. Thank you very much.

Mickey

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 15
Aadithya01
in reply to: liqinomickey

@liqinomickey Thankyou so much I followed your procedure . I just deleted the straight Belt conveyor and again I downloaded them . Now all the conveyors are working properly

. But from ACM when I click sync inventor it is not opening the factory file in inventor .. I have to manually go to inventor and say open new layout from dwg and then only it opens up the file and places the 3d objects ... 

still there is some issue with the syncing . But all the datas from ACM now successfully gets transferred to inventor but still from ACM when i click sync inventor it is not opening up the file in inventor.  But this is not the issue with navisworks . When I click sync navisworks frrom ACM it opens up the file in navisworks

The 3d factory assets are now getting placed properly but the syncing is something that I am doing it manually now . @petestrycharske - Hey pete also I have successfully done the settings that you told me to do in ACM - assigning inventor project file. .. 

Message 9 of 15
Aadithya01

Hey @liqinomickey Please look at the image below pointing out which cloud assets I were able to place before the issue was solved and which cloud assets I weren't able to place

conveyor problem .jpg

Message 10 of 15
liqinomickey

Hey, 

What do you mean by "before the issue was solved"?  do we already have a solution for this issue?

And do we still have a cloud asset that could now be successfully placed in Inventor layout? Please take a snapshot of that asset's folder structure in Windows explorer. I need to see the address and the files in that folder.(to make sure the files' quantity and size is correct, in case there was a interupted download) Thank you.

Mickey

Mickey Li
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 15
yizhou.cao

Hi,

Do you have other versions of Inventor installed? What's the path to your local asset library? What's the workspace path defined in your Inventor project file?

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 12 of 15
Aadithya01

Hey @liqinomickey .. ha ha .. almost the issue is solved . Now we are able to place the factory assets as 3d models successfully in Inventor factory layout. 

But still there is one issue .. Please see the below screencast .. @liqinomickey@yizhou.cao@petestrycharske

http://autode.sk/2mqNKYv 

problem 1 : placing factory assets in inventor - SOLVED

problem 2 : sync inventor from autocad - Yet to be solved 

Kindly please look at the above screencast link for the problem that I am facing ... 

Also @yizhou.cao - I dont have any other versions of inventor in my computer only Inventor Professional 2017 .. 

Message 13 of 15
liqinomickey

Sorry my friend,

I cannot confirm that the Problem 1 is solved. I only provided a workaround here. We will carry on looking for the root cause. But we need your help. May I ask, all the cloud assets could be placed into Inventor Layout? Or some of them still cannot.

@yizhou.cao , it seems our customer here is using FDS2017 FUP, as there is "Sync Inventor and Return" in ribbon. Shall we ask to add diagnostics file to it?

Mickey Li

Mickey.Li@Autodesk.com

Mickey Li
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 15
yizhou.cao

Hi Aadithya01,

I sent you a private message for additional information. Please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 15 of 15
Aadithya01
in reply to: yizhou.cao

Hey @yizhou.cao

I have made a private message to you. Sorry for the last response . I am from India and we work in a different time zone and I was held up in a customer benchmark the whole day. 

kindly Please go through the message

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report