Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control Who Can Edit a Vault Asset in FDS 2017

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
petestrycharske
518 Views, 7 Replies

How to Control Who Can Edit a Vault Asset in FDS 2017

All,

In my last post, Oleg helped me to understand how to edit a Vault Asset in Factory Design Suite 2017 and you can find that post below.  However, I am now curious if there is a way to control who can edit these assets.  I'm assuming that only people that have the appropriate Vault permissions can use the "Edit" workflow to modify a Vaulted Library Asset, but cannot verify at the moment.  Can anyone confirm that Vault permissions control this option?  Or can someone suggest a different way to control the "Edit" of Vaulted Library Assets?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

How to Edit a Vaulted Factory Asset: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-utilities-general/how-do-i-check-out-an-vault-2017-asse...

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

"Edit" will only work if the user has the Vault permission to check out the Vault asset file

Oleg
Message 3 of 8

Hi Pete,

In other to publish/edit factory library asset  in Vault, the factory users must have the Role at least as below.

Vault Roles.png

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 8

Xuesong,

Good afternoon!  We actually tried to apply the permissions to a user and it didn't seem to work.  Which additional permissions do you think I should set up for the user?  Thanks in advance for your assistance and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 5 of 8

Pete,
What does "didn't seem to work" mean? Errors, etc?

Oleg
Message 6 of 8

Oleg,

My apologies for being too vague.  When we tried to publish an asset into the Vault, the user was denied due to a permissions restriction, but I cannot recall the exact text of the error.  I logged in as the administrator and could publish without issue.  It seems like there are additional permissions that need to be granted, but I wanted to ask before I just started assigning them.  Hope this helps to clarify the issue.  Have an awesome and most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Message 7 of 8

Pete,
I don't have a running Vault environment right now, but Xuesong's info in this thread is consistent with my notes (yes, I realize that this doesn't help you much :)).
I am sure Xuesong has a Vault environment, so let's wait for him to double-check this.

Oleg
Message 8 of 8
XuesongBai
in reply to: olegd.prod

hi Pete,

At least, the following two roles are assigned to the user.

Custom Object Editor Level 1

Document Editor Level 1

Additionally, to be sure the user has the permission to modify the folder which deposited the assets in Vault.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report