Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms in assets to be the only user interface

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
avhsalesengineer
404 Views, 7 Replies

Forms in assets to be the only user interface

When I work in Factory Layouts (FDS2016), all the changes on assets must be made by use of the 'Factory properties' tab. It works, but it shows the key parameters without the option to change the order in which they appear, or without the option to change their names, etc.

A better way seems to be to use forms, and I do know how to create and edit them. My question is, how can I replace the 'Factory properties tab' by using forms?

I want the form to show when I click on an asset in the Factory Layout, or when I place a new one. Then enter/choose the neccessary changes, hit the 'apply/done' button and continue on placing or changing another asset.

I can't find out how to do something like this, but maybe I am overlooking something?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello,
This is an interesting idea, but, as you found, it isn't possible to control FDS behavior using iLogic forms.

Oleg
Message 3 of 8

So what you are actually saying, is that forms are not accessible anyhow when working on a Factory Layout? Is there no workaround (except the usual Factory Properties) for this?

Message 4 of 8

What I am saying is that Factory data can only be manipulated via the Factory Properties panel
Message 5 of 8

Can this tread be moved to the ideas section of the forum?

Message 6 of 8
Message 7 of 8

It might be the solution for both of the idea's, as it gives one the choice to replace the 'Factory Properties' functionality by one or more forms. One can then organise and rename the parameter list, but most importantly make it available in the Factory Layout as the only way to change parameter values. 

Message 8 of 8

It is an interesting idea.

I do not think there is any way to make a forum thread an "idea" - there really should be, but there isn't 😞
Please do enter it there.

Thanks,

Oleg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report