Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Asset Values Appear to be Hard Coded when Published

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
491 Views, 2 Replies

Factory Asset Values Appear to be Hard Coded when Published

All,

Good afternoon!  I've had a rather strange time with a particular asset that appears to have a "safety" value hard coded into it.  I'll let the video show the issue in more detail, but essentially I setting a minimum size with some construction geometry and Reference parameters.  However, when the design scope changes, the resulting new minimum values (Reference parameters) do not appear to update, almost as though the value is hard coded into the asset when it was published.  Any thoughts on how to get around this?  Please see the video below and I've included a copy of the asset as well.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

All,

Good afternoon!  Has anyone had any thoughts on this?  I'm finding that I can do something similar using the volumes of solids, but it is much more cumbersome.  Is there a way to use the reference dimensions to do the comparison.  I'll revisit the code and play with the order a little bit, but was just curious if anyone noticed anything that I was doing wrong.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 3

All,

Good afternoon!  After doing some experimentation, I think I've figured out how to drive the reference parameters the way that I need them to work.  In order to clarify the explanation, please see the Screencast video below.  The fix involved creating some reference (construction) geometry that was driven by the reference parameters and then setting up the "Model Parameter Change" iLogic trigger.  This seems to be doing the trick and made the asset much less complex than trying to compare the volumes of individual solids.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope others find this useful and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report