Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert factory assembly to normal assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JanBaert
472 Views, 3 Replies

Convert factory assembly to normal assembly

Hello,

Is there a way to get rid of the factory floor in an assembly.

Or in other words, can you convert a factory assembly back to a normal assembly?

Perhaps using VB?

Why?

Because a lot of parametric assemblies with Ilogic code are created, starting from the wrong assembly template: the factory layout template.

So in all of them there is a factory floor.

When trying to create an asset from these, there is an error that tells that you can't create an asset from a factory layout?

I already tried to do a save as without the factory addin active, but as soon as it's activated again the floor comes in again en an asset can't be created.

Thx,

Jan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yizhou.cao
in reply to: JanBaert

The best I can think of is to select everything in the assembly and demote to create a new assembly. Be aware that some data (iLogic rules, relationships, etc) may be lost. Hope that helps.

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 4
XuesongBai
in reply to: JanBaert

Hi Jan,

That is the new feature requirement. I think you want to reuse the layout like "Work cell" in the new factory layout.

It is better that you submit the new requirement in the factory-design-utilities-ideas.

So the other users can vote it if they need it too. That will help us prioritize and plan the requirement in the next release.

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 4
mk92
in reply to: XuesongBai

Hi all,

there is an accepted idea for this I think:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/factory-design-utilities-ideas/create-assets-using-assets/idi-p/366685...

We do have the same problem, sometimes normal IAM files do have the factory floor and we cant get rid of it because the factory index tab isn't showing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report