Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConnectorClass Files on Each User Computer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
429 Views, 2 Replies

ConnectorClass Files on Each User Computer

All,

Good morning!  I'm creating assets for some users and they are using some custom connectorclass files.  Do I have to make sure that each computer has a copy of the connector class files in the Program Data folder?  Does it matter if they are local, networked or Vaulted?  I just want to make sure that I understand, because it seems like local files need to have the connectorclass files and Vault ones do not.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In order for a connector class to be applied, it has to be accessible to the machine that needs to apply it.
Connector classes live in a "ConnectorClasses" folder in the root of each asset library, so if a user has access to the library, they also have access to the connector classes.

Oleg
Message 3 of 3

Oleg,

Thanks for the response!  Does Vault automatically grab a copy of the connectorclass file and place it in the Asset Library Folder in Vault when publishing an asset, or does someone have to do this manually?  Does Vault automatically place those in a user workspace somehow?  Just want to dig in a bit more.  Thanks in advance for the help and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report