Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Process Analysis 360 - Processor stops when all inputs are full

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
tadej.dobrun
1308 Views, 11 Replies

Autodesk Process Analysis 360 - Processor stops when all inputs are full

Dear all,

My processor (Robot) stops after 60min after all the inputs suddenly get full. Everything seems to work ok for 1h :S

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
liqinomickey
in reply to: tadej.dobrun

Hi there,

Glad to see that you are simulating a robot material handling situlation. I also did this kind of simulation before. But due to limitation of current PA version. The model could be either not running as expected or it would be too large(that I added many "signal generator" if you know what I mean).

Current limtations are: we are using a Push model rather tan Pull model. In real world the robot will not feed a CNC unless he has taken the finished part from him first. But in PA, it will.

So the simulation stops at this situation. Both CNCs are processing, the robot received raw material from upstream(your buffer), he pushed the material to either CNC. And before either of the CNC has finished, the robot received another raw material, he pushed again. Then it will get stuck. And it there is the dead lock.

By the way, your model background is very clear for understanding!

Mickey Li

Mickey.Li@Autodesk.com

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
tadej.dobrun
in reply to: liqinomickey

Thank you Mickey Li,

This explains the problem  (push - pull simulation settings). Are there any upgrades to be expected soon for PS 360 covering this problem?

Message 4 of 12
liqinomickey
in reply to: tadej.dobrun

Sorry my friend,

We are still working on this improvement. I will let you know as soon as it is live.

Before that, you can actively bring up ideas that would help us of detailing this function. Whether there should be a individual node called "Robot", and what the configuration should be look like. Or if there should be some signal generator. Or a Kanban system. 

I could share with you a snapshot of a design to simulate the robot movement. We could talk more if you are interest. Forgive me for the mess of drawing.

Mickey Li
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hello,

I've found the same Problem but in my case it's the worker.

I'd like to make process Simulation that the worker:

1) Goes to the Container with parts

2) Pickup 25 parts (2 parts/s)

3) Than goes 15 s to the sealing work place and stars process

3) He should finisch those 25 parts

4) Goes back to the Container with part)

5) Starts like in piont 2

But after one part id done on sealing Station worker goes back to the Container and pick up one part and that the simpulation stucks.

simple simulation.png 

I know that you will release a new Version in April. I hope it'll work much better.

Best Regards

Przemek from Poland.

Message 6 of 12
liqinomickey
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Przemek,

This kind of due to Our operator here doesn't have a logic of picking up what operation he/she will do next. I will confirm with our developer here. I will get back with you. But in the meanwhile I created the following model that will not stuck. Could you have a try?

NoStuck.png

Mickey Li
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hello,

Yes it works but with some limits. C/T for sealing process is 60s that means that in live every 60 seconds i'll have one part ready.

In your model i'll have 25 parts each 25 minutes and this is a problem because this process is only a part of production line.

Maybe you can solve this somehow.

Message 8 of 12
liqinomickey

How about change the last connection's lot size back to 1.

Mickey Li
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I'll try it out this week at work and i'll give you a feedback.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Hello,

Has there been an update or a solution found for this issue? I am having a similar issue when simulating my robot handling process in PA 2019. 

Message 11 of 12
liqinomickey

Hi @Anonymous

There has been a lot of updates and new features in PA, but unfortunately supporting pull model is not one of them. But I would very much like to here your situation here. And see what we help we could provide. Feel free to drop me an email.

mickey.li@autodesk.com

Mickey Li
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 12
ali.jahed

Any update on this?

My Processors stop to process as well. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report