Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Architecture asset reposition FDS

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ederson.balbinot
484 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad Architecture asset reposition FDS

Hello!

When I change the properties of assets in AutoCAD, even positioned with connector, the position of the asset does not update.

What is the problem?

In the Autocad the assets not reposition automatic?

Bellow images:

Before modifying:

antes.PNG

After modifying:

depois.PNG

In addition, the information is not circulating between the assets as happens in Inventor.

Because???

Considerations:

- I am using FDS 2017;

- Autocad Architecture;

- The connector class was created by me and is attached;

Thanks for all!

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

That's a known limitation in AutoCAD. The connector mechanism in Inventor is based on Inventor's assembly constraints and iLogic. These are not available in AutoCAD, so we can only mimic the behavior based on the position information. You can use the Connect command to reconnect the modified asset.

Thanks,

Yizhou C
Autodesk Factory Design team

Message 3 of 3

Hi.

Thanks for the answer, currently I'm using connect command to reposition asset.

😞

Best Regards,
Ederson Balbinot
Software Enginner
Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others. Thanks!
Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report