Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Comments to Vaulted Asset Versions (Vault Pro 2017)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
petestrycharske
466 Views, 3 Replies

Add Comments to Vaulted Asset Versions (Vault Pro 2017)

All,

I'm looking to start using the Vaulted Assets functionality in 2017, but have noticed that the vaulted assets don't look to include comments on the versions when they are edited.  In a standard Vault application, I would check out a file, modify it and then check it back in and during the check in process add a comment to list what changes were made.  However, it doesn't look like the factory assets in Vault have this functionality. Is there a proper workflow for adding a comment to the asset?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Have an awesome and most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Pete,

Yes, Factory asset can have the comments.But the comment only can be added through factory Asset Properties>-Summary>-Comments.

12-6-2016 11-29-09 AM.png

So finally the comments can be shown up in Vault Asset( both .faf and custom Object).

12-6-2016 11-30-44 AM.png

Thanks,

-Xuesong

Please mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 3 of 4

Xuesong, this is perfect, exactly what I needed!  Hope you and your family and have an awesome and most blessed day!

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 4
mk92
in reply to: XuesongBai

Make it a clear visible feature Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report