Factory Design Utilities Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Factory Design Utilities Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Factory Design Utilities topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to Authorize Software

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
coreyparks
1540 Views, 5 Replies

Best way to Authorize Software

What is the best way to authorize the software.  I prviously installed the factory suite as a trial from a download.  I just recieved my serial numbers and such today for the purchase and want to activate everything.  I got Inventor and apparently Autocad Architecture to work but navisworks will not let me.  It says "The product key entered is not valid. Verify and re-enter it.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeff.pek
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi Corey -

Which product key are you using?

Jeff

Message 3 of 6
coreyparks
in reply to: jeff.pek

I was using codes supplied by our IT department from the software boxes, 760C1.  However I was thinking earlier tonight that I may not have installed Navisworks on my machine with the factory install package.  Over the summer we have been downloading and trying out many different software packages and I know I downloaded navisworks by itself just not sure if I ever installed it.  I know I never ran it until we had Factory installed.  Could that be the problem?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 6
jeff.pek

Yes, definitely. The Navisworks product that installs as part of the Factory Suite is different from the standalone version, as it includes extra Factory-specific functionality, and is licensed differently.

Jeff

Message 5 of 6
coreyparks
in reply to: jeff.pek

I guess I will try some uninstalling and reinstalling of software then and let you know.

Corey Parks
Message 6 of 6
coreyparks

Uninstalling and reinstalling all of the software from the factory suite worked.  Thanks.

Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report