Fabrication CADmep Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fabrication CADmep Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fabrication CADmep topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-Trap Orientation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1067 Views, 5 Replies

P-Trap Orientation

I am running designlines for waste and vent with sanitary fittings. I have places where I need to put p-traps. Some p-traps come in at the correct orientation. However,most of them I am placing do not.

P-Trap Orientation.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rptjr
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that has to do with your source point. Source should be the lowpoint of the sanitary system. On vent I make it the high point.

Where is your source point on the affected p-traps?

Message 3 of 6
greg.mosher

It not only has to do with the Source Point but the direction of takeoff for the P-Trap. For Desig Line you want the direction in to be from the top of the P-Trap and not the leg. With the attacher arrow it would be reversed with the direction in from the leg. We use the P-Trap with Design Line and the attacher arrow so I have a button script set to "takeoff by other end" set as the default.

GAMosher
Message 4 of 6
bknapton

It depends on the design line source along with flow direction.

Message 5 of 6
lei.qiao

Following two items will impact the direction of the P-Trap.

• The location of inlet & outlet of the P-Trap. the settings should make the connection indicators the same with 2nd image.

Inlet & Outlet.pngInlet & Outlet_Image.png

• The setting of the service. It must be set as "Extract" for the drainage service.

service setting.png

When both above settings are correct, the behavior of the P-Trap will be correct. You could check if the P-Trap with incorrect behavior has the incorrect settings.

Hope my reply will be helpful.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I too have this same problem and all of the solutions listed on this thread do not fix the issue. Is there anything else that could control this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report