Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted Publishers - Faster Approval of App Updates

Trusted Publishers - Faster Approval of App Updates

Sometimes we can release an update per week or even more.  When the turnaround for submitting updates takes typically 1-2 weeks, this means often we don't even bother submitting some of our updates to the App Store and instead refer our users to our own website.

I understand this must require a lot of overhead for Autodesk to test every update for every app.

More specifically I'm talking about Bug Fixes, that we might want to get out ASAP.  We have our own internal testing processes to ensure functionality continues to work as designed.  It's frustrating that we can see users are continuing to download a Build we know has a bug, for a week or more before its made available for download...

Perhaps if Autodesk could introduce some sort of "Trusted Publishers" system, whose updates get published instantly.  To determine a trusted publisher Autodesk could potential review the Code and be able to tell the difference between a commercial operation and tools that whilst might perform fine, under the hood they are somewhat hacked together and as such more prone to issues.  Systems such as Dependency injection, MVVM etc might be the signifiers.

There may even be potential marketing advantages of being a Trusted Publisher - Being able to filter by Trusted Publishers...

4 Comments
Virupaksha_aithal
Autodesk Support

Hi

I understand your issue. Please feel free to send an email to appsubmissions@autodesk.com about the changes you have done in the App along with tests your team has done once you resubmit the App. We will consider your inputs, which will definitely reduce the testing time at our end.

regards

Virupaksha aithal

gabriel_he
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

gabriel_he
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Solution Provided

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report