Exchange Apps Ideas
New Idea

Soft Jaw and Stock Block Creation

by Explorer Jimko on ‎02-21-2017 05:36 PM

how do i get the add-on Soft Jaw and Stock Block Creation for fusion 360 it was shown as available on my version of fusion a few days ago but when i went to search for it my search yielded no results. Thanks

Working with watersheds and catchment areas become very tedious and difficult to explain to non- gis users. So Autodesk Infraworks is a great alternative to show and explain the work you are doing. It would be a lot better if the extended 'paid' plugins for infraworks are accessible as well. It would make the explanation as well as visualization a lot easier. 

Revit 2017 extensions

by Participant martin.mcfadden on ‎09-06-2016 01:15 PM

Please tell me if these  extensions are availabe for Revit 2017:

Civil Structures

Composite Design

Excel Based Model Generation

Frame Generator

Timber Framing

I think they are no longer availables since the 2016 release.

Can you give me other products or extensions that do the same job?

Import From Excel to Scdules

by Explorer stanleypaseur on ‎12-05-2016 10:59 AM

An app where I can create a concrete beam schedule (or any other schedule) in excel and import that directly into a schedule in Revit would be most helpful.

Pivot irrigator contouring

by Explorer drewrae on ‎10-28-2016 02:51 PM

An app to calculate the earthworks required for a pivot irrigator installation in rolling country. It would need to be able to accept design parameters i.e max climb slope, max kink angle, max twist angle, min ground clearance, distance from centre point to first wheel and then from each wheel to the next wheel.

Better Payment method and make downloading sinpler are a must. PayPal waste so much time. It's been over half an hour and I still don't a $0.49 app.

Rearrage app screenshots

by Advocate jtbworld on ‎07-12-2016 03:25 AM

I wish it was possible to rearrange the order of app screenshots when submitting an app.

Alternative method of payment

by Contributor avc_news on ‎03-20-2016 02:00 PM

Payments through PayPal are not always convenient, and in some cases impossible. BlueSnap account can receive only owner of the company. I do not own firm, I private person. I need the ability to specify an alternative payment method for my customers. For it does not require a lot of programming. I propose a simple algorithm:

1. On a program download page is necessary to add a button "other forms of payment"
  2. It button just send me an email. The letter indicated the data of the buyer and the special link for confirmation of payment.
  3. I am writing directly to the buyer, I offer him the payment and forward payment
  4. Buyer sends me the money in any way.
  5. I get the payment and pass the special link for confirmation of payment.
  6. Buyer receives a message with a link to the program page, where he has opened access to download

Thus Autodesk involved in the payment process is reduced to zero. Any forms of payment and any currency are possible. However Autodesk reserves the right to monitor the integrity of the buyer and the seller.

If Autodesk plans in the future to make a profit from the site, this function may be paid for a seller. For example, it is possible to collect a small fee from my account at the time of a user download a program.

For example, the same algorithm is implemented on Livemaster.ru

If you’ve been thinking about developing on the Autodesk® Forge Platform, Autodesk’s new cloud platform, or on Autodesk® Fusion 360™ - or, if you’re just curious about learning more about these technologies and what they could do to help your business or your career - join us for our upcoming free online hackathon.  This is our fourth online hackathon and you are welcome to participate in all or any part of it.

The Autodesk® App Store Forge and Fusion 360® Hackathon is an online event which consists of two segments:

• A series of web training and open Q&A sessions related to the Autodesk Forge platform and Fusion 360 - open to anyone interested in learning about these APIs.
  • An online hackathon where developers can develop new apps on the Forge platform or on Fusion 360 for submission to Autodesk App Store.

We know that learning and implementing something new takes time and often gets put off so we’ve designed this event to give you the support you need - as well as a financial incentive - to motivate you to learn the APIs and publish your app on the Forge platform or on Fusion 360 in the Autodesk App Store.

The training webinars will help familiarize you with the Forge platform and in the open Q&A sessions you’ll have the opportunity to receive help in real-time from the Autodesk team answering your questions to help you develop your app(s). For all such new apps submitted to the Autodesk App Store by midnight on October 31, 2016 and accepted for publication in the store by November 30, 2016, each entrant of the Hackathon will receive US$ 500 for one eligible app per entrant.

Get full details, view the webinar schedule (you may attend the educational webinars without publishing an app) and register at http://autodeskforge.devpost.com. Webinars will be recorded so that you can view them at your convenience.

Visit the pages on the Hackathon website to learn more about the opportunities and resources for developing on Forge, Fusion 360 and publishing in the Autodesk App Store and if you have questions send us an email.

A way to generate a flat cut sheet from a 3D sheet metal part would be greatly useful.  I often get requests from fabriactors for a flat cut drawings.

I would like a drag knife tool path generator for Fusion to offset a profiles and add appropriate arcs at corners based on knife tip offset from spindle axis.

Inputs:

Knife Offset (horizontal distance from knife tip to spindle axis)

Minimum Angle (Path angle, bellow which no path compensation is needed)

Axial Offset (from selected contours, material thickness)

Knife Projection (maximum depth of cut)

Cutting Rate

Multiple Passes

Pressure Adjustment: (via spring to allow over-travel of z axis)

Inputs:

Target Cutting Pressure

Spring k factor

Max. Over-travel (maximum travel allowed by spring mechanism) 

Lead-ins and entry positions would be used to orient the knife at the beginning of each cut

Optional - Partial retraction during knife rotation

Input: Retract %

When cutting thick materials it may be beneficial to retract the blade partially before any blade rotation moves to prevent damage to tool/material.

1. The tool would retract to ensure that the knife was removed from the material

2. The blade would be partially reinserted to engage only the tip of the blade in the material.

3. The machine would move as required to reposition the knife in the direction of the next path curve

4. The the tool would extend fully to the configured depth prior to continuing along the cut path.

Optional - Knife Origination Look-ahead

For all interrupted cuts, one could add necessary movements, at the end of each cut path, to rotate the blade in the proper orientation for the next cut. This could eliminate the need for lead-ins at all cuts other than the first one made, as well as reduce machine time.

Comments?

I wonder Autodesk has plan to provide Digital signature certificate for Autodesk add-ins, because that would tell the add-ins more secured and compatible to run on Autodesk products.

structural Stairs addon or tool

by Explorer dagenaisg on ‎09-21-2016 06:36 AM

Need a better stair tool. 

ASD provides a great stair tool unlike the current one.

Please update these stairs to a include clear difference in elevation with "structural handrail" included. the handrail should automatically follow the cranked channel or general steel.

Please!!!!!  

Ps. Handrail is awful

My Page Multilingual

by Advocate on ‎12-08-2015 06:10 AM

Hi,

I provided data about our company on the "My Page" tab. However, I can do this only in one language. I would be nice if an AppStore visitor can see Geman text when he has the AppStore in German and the English text when a user has the AppStore set to English. English should be the default language if there isn't a specific text for a language.

Regards,

Carsten

Design an app a Command for printing & Closing and saving a plot to a folder that need not be the current folder, but folder chosen at startup of app. Too much time and errors due to file management with AutoCAD. When designing a project, user should be able to concentrate on the design task NOT file management.

Payment

by Explorer gfriesen on ‎06-03-2015 12:55 PM

Why can I not purchase apps with a credit card only, I do not want a paypal account.

When users are "Google" searching for apps sometimes the Document Help page is the only link that comes up.

There is no way to get to the App download from that page...

I think it would be great to add that.

I would like to receive emails about new plug-ins for AutoCAD.It is important to have the ability to customize the distribution by category and keywords. I like the developer is very difficult to inform all buyers about new versions of my software. I think the Appstore can do it self .

For example: I had AutoCAD2015 and I upgraded to AutoCAD 2016 last year. To get those add-ins from Exchange Apps into the new version, I have to gather a list, downlaod and install each manually.

Repeat this week for AutoCAD2017 upgrade.

Not sure how you'd do it, but hey, something for all you app creators to think about and nudge Autodesk into helping you do it. For purchased items, you all will need to think about licensing of course.

It would be very useful to be able to import a set of Gerber layers into autocad so that the data can be edited and re-exported to gerber.

Gerber_format

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!