Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative method of payment

Alternative method of payment

Payments through PayPal are not always convenient, and in some cases impossible. BlueSnap account can receive only owner of the company. I do not own firm, I private person. I need the ability to specify an alternative payment method for my customers. For it does not require a lot of programming. I propose a simple algorithm:

1. On a program download page is necessary to add a button "other forms of payment"
  2. It button just send me an email. The letter indicated the data of the buyer and the special link for confirmation of payment.
  3. I am writing directly to the buyer, I offer him the payment and forward payment
  4. Buyer sends me the money in any way.
  5. I get the payment and pass the special link for confirmation of payment.
  6. Buyer receives a message with a link to the program page, where he has opened access to download

Thus Autodesk involved in the payment process is reduced to zero. Any forms of payment and any currency are possible. However Autodesk reserves the right to monitor the integrity of the buyer and the seller.

If Autodesk plans in the future to make a profit from the site, this function may be paid for a seller. For example, it is possible to collect a small fee from my account at the time of a user download a program.

For example, the same algorithm is implemented on Livemaster.ru

4 Comments
CADbloke
Advocate

I don't think I'll bother publishing any paid apps if Bluesnap is the only payment provider.

http://www.dnabaser.com/articles/bluesnap-review/BlueSnap-Plimus%20review.htm

denys_gorkovchuk
Contributor

As I Understand Bluesnap is not working with Autodesk App Store anymore (at least thats what they told me, when I tried to register in Bluesnap) . And PayPal is not working with some countries at all.

So now there are no options for payments at all. Is that correct or I miss something?

Romanich
Mentor

Bluesnap started to charge the monthly account maintenance fee ($75) which occurs in any month where I have under $2500 in sales. Honestly, it is an unrealistic income from the Autodesk App Store. Usually, I have less than 10% of this value. So I have decided to close my Bluesnap account.

bimunderground
Observer

I recently started playing Minecraft with my 5yr old. Every week he is entitled to two add-ons from the Marketplace. These are Minecraft worlds created by users that my son can explore and play in. Their marketplace is so simple for him to navigate and for me to pay for by credit card. No extra fees and a password to confirm purchase. If Autodesk is serious about the app store I believe they should move to this model. I would gladly pay a commission to Autodesk in exchange for a platform where users can pay easily and quick without needing Paypal or Bluesnap.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report