Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Export Screening

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
3055 Views, 29 Replies

Standard Export Screening

I am in a college class that requires Maya, and as a result, I've made a student account. However, when I attempt to download any software, I receive a message that my account is going through "Standard Export Screening." This screening has been going on for a month or so, and Autodesk has directed me here. Does anyone know what's going on?

Screenshot_20200912-005023~2.png

Labels (3)
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Export Screening shouldn't take this long, chase it up by reaching out to educational support: https://www.autodesk.com/education/support 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

I have, actually.. and they sent me here..

I suppose I could always try again, though

Message 4 of 30
leowarren34

That's strange as we being users have no say over export screening - I can always ask @natasha.l to see if she can dig any deeper.

Leo Warren
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

I would really appreciate that! I've been running in circles at this point for a solution

Message 6 of 30
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I am sorry but I can not assist you regarding this backend system issue. Please reach out to the Educational Support Team, they will need to open a collaboration with the export compliance team to get this resolved for you.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Well, thank you anyway! I'll try reaching out to others

Message 8 of 30
bradprin

Were you ever able to get this fixed? I'm also in export compliance purgatory and as I need this for classes I'm becoming increasingly frustrated at the time required to resolve this.

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: bradprin

Nope. The only advice I've gotten was to pester them

Message 10 of 30
Anonymous

I am facing the same issue and I am not sure how to solve this :(((

Message 11 of 30
avasiliev

I have same problem.

I' am educator from Ukrane. For a long time collaborate with Autodesk. My student take prizes on autodesk challenges over the years.

This month Autodesk ask for approve that I'm educator. I send documents and recieve information that all things ok.

But when I try to download software - I have the same message.

avasiliev_0-1613419096345.png

Best regards, Anton Vasiliev

Чи був цей допис корисним? Обов’язково поставте вподобайку цьому допису.
Ви отримали вірну відповідь на своє запитання? Тоді натисніть кнопку ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ.

Особистий блог

EESignature

Message 12 of 30
mdavis22569

mdavis22569_0-1613419449621.png

That looks a bit different from the Export Screening error like this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/simplecontent/content/export-scr...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 13 of 30
bradprin
in reply to: avasiliev

Tbh this was a miserable process. There is literally nothing you can do on your end except keep contacting them and hope that somebody on the other end can do something about it (spoiler alert, they never can). It’s something on their backend database that has you flagged and it will not stop until they get rid of it. I think I contacted them nearly a dozen times before it was finally resolved, which was infuriating. As I am a free user, I try and temper my expectations appropriately as Autodesk makes no money off me. I can only hope that their paying customers get better support than I did. Were I treated like that as a paying customer I would have left immediately.

Best of luck.
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous

I have the screening export compliance error. Does anyone have a phone number or email for the customer support? I submitted a ticket a few days ago and have heard no response through SheerID or autodesk. who exactly should we be reaching out to with this issues. I am also a college student who is on a time crunch to get assignments done, and the lack of response form them is not comforting.

Message 15 of 30
mdavis22569

@Anonymous  going to have to wait it out ...  Try unplugging it from the network / wifi etc and starting it. See if it starts 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

should I make a new account with a personal email instead of a school email?

Message 17 of 30
lucasridley

I've got the same issue. No warning ahead of time. I just updated from 2022.1 to 2022.2 and now this pops up and won't open Maya. Means I've lost DAYS of paid work. I've opened a support ticket with no response. I'm on a Maya Indie license. I'm posting here... what other methods do we have to get help? Nothing appears to be happening and I'm just locked out of my paid account until some unknown time? Will these days I've lost be put towards extending my license by the same amount since I'm paying for nothing right now?

Message 18 of 30
leowarren34
in reply to: lucasridley

Hi @lucasridley,

There's nothing you can do that you haven't already done. In most cases, it should clear within the next couple of days. 

Leo Warren
Message 19 of 30
kpittman9479V

I'm having this issue now too. It was working fine last night, now it won't even let me start the software. I have deadlines I need to meet. I can't wait DAYS as others have been suggesting. How can I get this resolved? I tried to disconnect from the internet as suggested, but it won't let me sign in without a serial number, which does not exist.

Extremely frustrated and disappointed! 15+ years 3DS Max user and PAYING customer!

Message 20 of 30
david.wang7KN52

Receiving the same error.  I am a student and need AutoDesk for my class.  Been going on two weeks now.

davidwang7KN52_0-1641326676068.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums