Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodesk’s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education Renewal isn't working after I have renewed my access

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
5029 Views, 15 Replies

Education Renewal isn't working after I have renewed my access

My education license expires on May 26, 2021. On April 26, 2021, I decided to renew my educational access and it seemed to work. When I log in to the Autodesk website, it says that I have access until April 26, 2022. When I open up Inventor 2021, and go to manage license, the expiry is still May 26 2021 and it says I have 23 days until expiry. I've tried signing out then signing back in but it doesn't work. Apparently I need to activate my license but after going to customer support, they just tell me to sign out and sign back in, which I have already tried. Do I have to wait until the license expires to activate it??

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for sharing this detailed information.

To answer your question, yes. You would typically wait for the license to expire, then re-verify your status with the educational program. 

This is the standard statement I provide to members of the educational community:

Educational Software is offered for a set term (1yr or previously 3yrs). When the term has ended & the software license expires you will need to visit the  "Get Products" page, re-verify your status & select a newer version. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 16
rkwatts

Althougth it says I am renewed the problem is still there, I even down loaded the same software to check and I have the same numbers  and till not working.

Message 4 of 16
pravin_pote

Same problem for me also not able to download network license file 

Message 5 of 16
mike.acevedo

I am having the same issue. Does anyone have an update? I contacted support and waiting to hear back. 

Message 6 of 16
Jsinopol

I'm having the same issue with Maya. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2022.3 but it still says my license has expired. I then tried downloading Maya 2023 and the same issue is happening even though on the Autodesk student site it says I am eligible through March 2023. 

Message 7 of 16
j1maier

Hi,

I've renewed my educational access through the "Get Products" webpage, as you can see in the image attached, but I keep getting the Product License warning when opening Autocad. I've tried logging out from the account and signing in once again, but I'm still getting the pop-up window, making Autocad close automatically after 5 min. I cannot download a newer version since I already have the latest software.

What should I do?

Message 8 of 16
pendean
in reply to: j1maier

@j1maier Your two screenshots do not match: AutoCAD is not shown in your list of approved software usage. Which means you have no access to AutoCAD.

Do you have a confirmation email for AutoCAD specifically yet?
Message 9 of 16
j1maier
in reply to: pendean

The issue was resolved. Thank you

Message 10 of 16
maaziz01
in reply to: j1maier

I have the same problem as you. what did you do to solve this problem?
Message 11 of 16
zamabdallah15
in reply to: maaziz01

After i renewed my license in the web page , this page appears when I trying to open autocad

Message 12 of 16

Hi @zamabdallah15,

Which version of AutoCAD are you using?

Can you see AutoCAD in your Account?

All the best,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 13 of 16
scottcm7
in reply to: LeoWarren-EDU

the same thing is happening to me and i have downloaded and redownloaded the software 3 times. idk what to do. @LeoWarren-EDU 

Message 14 of 16
scottcm7

Once you exit out of that, you click "New" and then it works. I feel like someone needs to change that to where the pop-up goes away after you restart access. That is so confusing. I can't tell you the amount of time I've spent on this for the solution to be that!

Message 15 of 16
prodrig007
in reply to: scottcm7

Press "New" where? the issue is happening to me and after 6 hours trying to figure it out nothing has happened and Autodesk support hasnt been able to help at all!

Message 16 of 16
LeoWarren-EDU
in reply to: prodrig007

Hi @prodrig007,

What product are you trying to use?

From your profile I can see your education access is valid until Feb 2024 as well as Revit and AutoCAD products.

Any screenshots of error messages would be appreciated,

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums