Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch Eagle, Invalid subscription

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
1206 Views, 22 Replies

Unable to launch Eagle, Invalid subscription

i uninstall all the old version and was working, now install the newest 8.02, it keep telling me the following:

ABORT: Invalid subscription detected and no cached subscriptions were found. Please restart EAGLE and try again.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am trying to run the Free version of Eagle 8.0.2 for the first time on my MacBook Pro ( OS X 10.11.6 ) and I am getting the same error message "Invalid Subscription".  

I am registered with AutoDesk (as you can see)

Not a very good first impression.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous

Same to me.

Message 4 of 23
wingedpower

"ABORT: Invalid subscription detected and no cached subscriptions were found. Please restart EAGLE and try again."

Getting this error as well. Got it tonight when I fired up Eagle 8.0.1. It fell back on a cached license, so I figured it must be because I haven't upgraded to 8.0.2. Upgraded and got the above error. 

Checked my account and I still have a subscription, so what the heck? Have opened a ticket with Autodesk. 

I've got to say, this REALLY gets my hackles up since it was AutoDesk that pushed for the license change and now it's broken.

W.

EDIT:

Originally, 8.0.2 would not even start. It would give the error and exit, saying I should restart to clear the error. But restarting didn't clear the error. I moved the Defaults folder out of the way which allowed me to login and attempt to authenticate, but it would report the error above and kick me out.  Will check in the morning to see if this was a timing/server bug on Autodesk's side. But if it isn't resolved shortly, I will start investing my time and energy into an alternative instead of investing in what looks to be a future of license authentication bugs. NOT HAPPY.

Message 5 of 23
daniel.strickland

I am having the same issue on my Mac OSX

Snip20170309_1.png

Edit: Note I just purchased the standard licence today (1 year), I did attempt to install the "free" version from the Autodesk Eagle website first which also failed in exactly the same way. I did/do have an existing account with Autodesk as I have Fusion 360 and Inventor - both of these programs are still working.

Message 6 of 23
RAZZITEAK

Same error here, according to my account description I should have an active student license with a product key for eagle premium but as soon as I sign in the application gives the above mentioned error! Smiley Mad AUTOODESK!! 

Message 7 of 23
tianjunz

same here.....

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

And the same here...

Message 9 of 23
exs1l1um

Broken for me too... is this issue known to Autodesk?

Message 10 of 23
Anonymous

same situation but it was launched.

so I had long hours work with it then I could not undo after a wrong operation.

my board design had gone. boom

Message 11 of 23
daniel.strickland

looks like another forum thread has the same issue:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/invalid-subscription-detected/td-p/6932968

Possibly this is a "problem with the license server communication" (According to thread)

Note:

I've also confirmed that this still occurs (At least on my account) on a fresh install on a Linux machine as well (So seems to affect Windows, Mac, and Linux equally). So something like the license server seems plausable because it's affecting multiple versions of the software 😛

Message 12 of 23

Would be nice to see any EAGLE issues from here as well: https://health.autodesk.com/

Message 13 of 23

I think that is just the cloud services, not the things that are merely licensed through the cloud/internet. 

Although your right, a dashboard for serious software bugs would be nice.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

After quitting once, Eagle 8 has never launched cuz license invalid.

So I am using 7.7 instead 8.

The lost board design was survived.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous

SOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!

Hello all,

I contacted Autodesk because I explored this morning the same Trouble.

First Eagle 8.0.0 showed up the Error (after worked for some days) ,

then uninstall Eagle 8.0.0 and install Eagle 8.0.2, but showed again the same Error.

Here is what hopefully will help you all too:

Answer from Autodesk Customer Support (09.03.2017):

----------------------------------------

In order to solve the activation issue with launching Eagle, may you please try to delete this registry key as following:

Launch the registry editor (REGEDIT) and delete the following key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\EAGLE 8.0.0\subscription

Then try please to run the software again, disabling the antivirus.

So again:

I installed with antivirus on , (delete the named registry key) then disabled antivirus (only the Firewall) for first Start of Eagle ,

Login (with the Checkbox to remember Passowrd) and it worked.

Firewall/Antivirus activated again and Eagle is starting without problems.

I don't know if it was the registry key or the Firewall. But now it works.

Thanks to the Support - Problem solved within 4 hours.

good luck!

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous

SOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!

Answer from Autodesk Customer Support (09.03.2017):

In order to solve the activation issue with launching Eagle, may you please try to delete this registry key as following:

Launch the registry editor (REGEDIT) and delete the following key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\EAGLE 8.0.0\subscription

Then try please to run the software again, disabling the antivirus.

Message 17 of 23
prainsberry

Hello,

This issue has been resolved.  Can you confirm that the software is now working? 

Patrick Rainsberry
Developer Advocate, Fusion 360
Message 18 of 23
wingedpower
in reply to: prainsberry

@prainsberry & Autodesk,

Confirmed, it is working for my 8.0.2 install now. 

Question: What was the root cause of the issue? What was the resolution?

The error message gave no indication of anything wrong on Autodesk's side and only implied that it was a problem with my license. There was no method to clear the error or force it to re-login under another account/etc. I had to manually locate and find the local authentication cache on my Mac OSX system and move it out of the way to allow me to re-login. 

I would like to know what was the root cause, the fix, and going forward, what Autodesk is doing to ensure that this isn't just an unhelpful error-please-restart response from the application?

W.

Message 19 of 23
wingedpower

That... is a convoluted and pretty customer unfriendly solution. There should have been an option for the program to load and allow the end user to clear authentication/subscription information and attempt to re-login/re-authenticate. @prainsberry 

As another poster indicated, this dashboard:  https://health.autodesk.com/  should reflect the health of the licensing servers and associated cloud services for Eagle since Eagle is apparently dependent upon some aspect of the cloud working to start up(every now and then). Nothing more disheartening than to be a subscription paying customer, go to the health dashboard, and not even see a listing for the product you are paying for. 😕

Message 20 of 23
edwin.robledo
in reply to: wingedpower

HI wingedpower,

We apologize for interrupting your workflow, as you have noted the issue has been solved. I am trying to find out what caused it, the developers did their best to get it up and running as fast as possible.

Best Regards,

Ed

Edwin Robledo
Tech Marketing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report