Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software crashing way to often

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cvonalt
514 Views, 7 Replies

Software crashing way to often

Just installed Eagle 8.0.2 for mac on MACBOOK air with 4 GB ram and running 10.12.3. I just tried to make a new part and I cannot complete this task because the software keep crashing. No messages. Any idea why this keep happening? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rachaelATWH4
in reply to: cvonalt

@cvonalt wrote:

Just installed Eagle 8.0.2 for mac on MACBOOK air with 4 GB ram and running 10.12.3. I just tried to make a new part and I cannot complete this task because the software keep crashing. No messages. Any idea why this keep happening? 

I just confirmed this in 8.0.2 too. It's a known bug on MacOS which I had hoped they would have fixed with this release....

Message 3 of 8
cvonalt
in reply to: rachaelATWH4

So how do you build a part? Can you power through all the crashes and get a part built, or do I move on to ORCAD or DipTrace? If AUTODESK leaves you hanging like this, it seems like it might be better to move on. 

Message 4 of 8
rachaelATWH4

@cvonalt wrote:

So how do you build a part? Can you power through all the crashes and get a part built, or do I move on to ORCAD or DipTrace? If AUTODESK leaves you hanging like this, it seems like it might be better to move on. 

I currently build parts in v7. I have a full v7 Ultimate license anyway which is what I am currently using for everything until v8 is more stable. 

To solve your immediate problem you could download the latest v7 version and license it as freeware as it's library editor will work just fine and there are only restrictions in the schematic/board editors. Do you have the link to the old CADSoft FTP server to get hold of older versions?

I've used OrCAD previously, it was ok, I think swapping to another toolset you just end up swapping one set of challenges for another as no toolset is issue free though.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 5 of 8
rachaelATWH4

@rachaelATWH4 wrote:

@cvonalt wrote:

I currently build parts in v7. I have a full v7 Ultimate license anyway which is what I am currently using for everything until v8 is more stable. 

To solve your immediate problem you could download the latest v7 version and license it as freeware as it's library editor will work just fine and there are only restrictions in the schematic/board editors. Do you have the link to the old CADSoft FTP server to get hold of older versions?

I've used OrCAD previously, it was ok, I think swapping to another toolset you just end up swapping one set of challenges for another as no toolset is issue free though.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Just in case the answer to the above highlighted question is no, here is the download link for v7.7 so you can use it to edit libraries until such time Autodesk sort v8 out: EAGLE v7.7

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 6 of 8
cvonalt

Thanks for your input, I tried again this AM and got the part built in vs 8, so I guess i can say it works if you keep at it. VS 8 seems way to bugging for a AUTODESK release, but I guess that is where this technology or AUTODESK  is at. 

As I make more parts, I will keep your recommendation in mind. Thanks 

I am trying to understand if you are just a person participating in the forums, or if you work for AUTODESK. Please let me know if you do not mind. I am trying to understand if AUTODESK support this site or if you need to buy a license to get support from them directly. I am also trying to gain an understanding of quality and value of the support that AUTODESK provides. 

Thanks again 

Message 7 of 8
rachaelATWH4

@cvonalt wrote:

I am trying to understand if you are just a person participating in the forums, or if you work for AUTODESK. Please let me know if you do not mind. I am trying to understand if AUTODESK support this site or if you need to buy a license to get support from them directly. I am also trying to gain an understanding of quality and value of the support that AUTODESK provides. 

Hello, I am just a user of this site, but it seems on this and many other EAGLE forums everybody seems to think I am an Autodesk employee for some reason!! Smiley Surprised

There are some Autodesk support people on here, @jorge_garcia2 and @edwin.robledo are both long term EAGLE support who have been with EAGLE since the CADSoft days. These are the official Autodesk forums so this is where Jorge and Ed hang out most.

There are also a lot of long term EAGLE users on other forums, EAGLECentral.ca/Element14 which are linked with the CADSoft NNTP servers and also there is an EAGLE section on the EEVBlog forum so there are many places to go looking for help if you are stuck.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 8 of 8
cvonalt

Thanks again for your time. It seems AUTODESK should provide you with a commission, as the other folks have not helped. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report